This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by jlarcom.

• Author
     jlarcom
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having an issue in Google Chrome where the icons in the navigation bar and in other places on the homepage default to blank boxes. I’ve attached screenshots of what it looks like.

The icons show up fine in other browsers. And will sometimes show up fine on the homepage in Chrome after navigating to another page and then going back. Really Weird. But I need to try and fix this for my client.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Jen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hello,

I think you have a local problem , try to access from another device thru google chrome.

If is about this URL : http://cam2.popdesigngroup.com/ on my side that icons are displayed correctly in Google Chrome ( see screenshots ) you can test if page if is rendering ok, in one of the website screenshot sites ( ex : http://web-capture.net/ or http://ctrlq.org/screenshots/ or search on google for website capture sites )

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
     jlarcom
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

I have tested again on Win7 on Chrome and Firefox, it works perfectly.

Also i tested on MAC OSX Yosemite Chrome and Firefox, it works perfectly.

You have installed some apps in browser ? Try to view site in incognito mode.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
     jlarcom
    Participant

We called our hosting at GoDaddy to see if it was a server side issue, and they were able to see the problem of the icons appearing as defaulted blank boxes in Chrome & Firefox. The icons did appear correctly in Safari and Explorer, though.

All they could come up with is that there must be some php language or language of scripting that is not working or conflicting when using Firefox or Chrome.

I also used the screenshot websites as you suggested, and many of them came back with blank boxes as well – some others came back as characters from another language.

Can you look into this further for me?

Thanks,
    Jen

sharmstr

For what its worth, I had that issue on and off when I was on godaddy.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jlarcom
    Participant

Thanks sharmstr,

I had a feeling it might be GoDaddy, but can’t be sure.

The weird thing is that the icons will appear after navigating away from the homepage to another page on the site, and then going back to the homepage. Really odd.

Jen

jlarcom
    Participant

I think I figured out the problem. I used the plugin ‘regenerate thumbnails’ to update thumbnails after changing the size of images in the woocommerce shop. As soon as I run the plugin, the thumbnails default to blank boxes. I was able to restore to a previous version before I ran the regen thumbnails plugin, so it works now. Just FYI if anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?