This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Science Times
    Participant

When a user logs in, they see this menu (1st attached image).

However, if they go back to the homepage, they see this menu (2nd attached image).

Any idea why the menus change like that?? I want to have one menu for users not logged in and one menu for users who are logged in.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

The login and register menu items auto hide once a user logs in since there’s no point in showing those to them (they obviously already logged in and have already registered). The user account menu is not shown until the user logs in.

If you want to control other items use Menu Item Visibility Control plugin.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Science Times
    Participant

Yes but what I’m saying is once the user logs in, the Register and Login items still appear on the menu. They don’t auto hide. The User Account menu does NOT show up after login.

sharmstr

Thats not clear from your images. I dont see them in your image of the logged in user. In any case, you need to use the kleo menu items. See attached.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
     Science Times
    Participant

Ok, I guess I’m not exp[laingin it very well.

1. User goes to my website.
    2. They click Login
    3. After logging in, the user is taken to their profile page (perfect!). The menu is also correct (has user account menu showing).
    4. Now, if the user clicks the logo to go back to the homepage, the menu changes. The Register and Login are shown in the menu and the user account menu is gone.

sharmstr

Couple of things to check

– Do you have some sort of caching enabled that could be causing this?

– Do you have a custom menu assigned to your home page?

Attachments:
     Science Times
    Participant

It is set to site default. Is that correct??

sharmstr

Yep. How about the caching question?

Respond privately with credentials and I’ll have a look around.

Science Times
    Participant

Yes I have a cache plugin. I disabled for now, seems to be working. Thanks so much!

The only other issue I have is the facebook login. When you click Login and the window pops up, the facebook login button does nothing…however, the facebook login button on the registration page works….

sharmstr

Its that like us on FB thing you have. Once I closed that and reloaded the page, the fb button on the login modal worked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?