This topic has 23 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     gerben
    Participant

Do you have the shortcodes etc for the homepage of the shop? It wasn’t installed with the demo cintent.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, we have created the shop page after the update. Grab the content from the file attached and add it to your page edit in the Classic editor – Text tab, not Visual

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bogdance
    Participant

Hi,
    after copying the Default-Shop.txt content to my shop page in the Classic editor – Text tab:
    1. Revolution Slider only displays a black horizontal line, how can I fix this?
    2. How is the hover effect done for the icons in [/kleo_feature_item]?
    3. How can I add a Newsletter form in the footer?
    Thanks

bogdance
    Participant

Hi,
    more about my question 2:
    I can see a very small color change there on hover in boarder area of the icons.
    How can I edit this to be more visible similar to what you have done in the demo, please?

sharmstr

1 – You need to add a slider. I suggest importing the home-default slider since its very similar to the one used on the shop demo. You can import it from the demo folder in the theme download zip

3 – There are few options that have been discussed https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/search?bbp_search=newsletter&bbp_search_forum_id=10549

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

bogdance
    Participant

Hi,
    1. a slider was added and short code was edited (if unedited or not matching [rev_slider_vc alias=”shop_home_default”], it generates an error that slider can’t be found, sharmstr… sorry, your suggestion is not the solution here)
    2. I’d like to find out how/where can I edit the styling of the icons to be more vivid on hover, please
    3. Why is the Newsletter form left to guesswork, its not a secret… is it??? Newsletter form is a major part of any website. I’d like to know how it was done on the Shop Demo and how is it processed.
    Thank you

corpor8chic
    Participant

I agree the stylized newsletter signup was one of the reasons I chose this theme over others it should be easily available as a widget of some sort included in the theme!

bogdance
    Participant

Thank you corpor8chic for your comment and for pointing out how Demos with their features showcased are central in the selection and purchase process.
    *************************************************************************************************************************
    Hello Support,
    anybody there?
    Customers need assistance here, please.

sharmstr

Install Contact Form 7. Make a form. Copy the shortcode and put it in a text field. You can do that in Visual composer and even in a widget. Connect it to the newsletter software of your choice. I haven’t used it, but this plugin states “Post your Contact Form 7 submissions to popular third-party software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Zendesk, Google Docs and 20+ other software partners.” https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-integrations/

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

thank you @sharmstr
    Also we used another plugin for Mailchimp here: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/e-learning-home/
    Documentation: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#mailchimp

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

bogdance
    Participant

I’ll do as directed.
    Thank you sharmstr and Abe!

Can I have some help with my question #2
    about editing the styling of the icons mentioned above?

Also about my #1 above…
    Revolution Slider appears as a long horizontal thick line.
    How do I fix it please?
    Do I have to many items on the page, perhaps?
    Thanks

sharmstr

Can I see a link for number 1?

Number two I can figure out. I’ll let abe answer that one.

bogdance
    Participant

Dear sharmstr, I think I’ve seen other user here getting the result I’m getting and its not the look from the Demo.
    ( topic: newsletter, #29679, by luminero, https://archived.seventhqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/myvbersoin-200×113.jpg)
    I see you made a mistake. Its OK, it happens to us all sometimes… so, please answer my question again, promptly.
    Thank you

bogdance
    Participant

Hello sharmstr, here is the link to my original questions:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/homepage-shop/#post-33826
    Thanks

sharmstr

What mistake did I make? If you’re talking about my suggestion about using contact 7, I was telling you how I created the newsletter form at the bottom of this page: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/default-shop/

I meant a link to your site so I can see what’s going on with rev slider.

Abe
    Keymaster

@bogdance
    regarding no. 2 you need to be more specific on what icons you want to do that since it should be done by CSS. Put some screenshots

regarding no.1.
    You should first import a slider then from your page edit using VIsual composer you add the Revolution Slider shortcode where you select which slider to use

---

bogdance
    Participant

Thank you for your response Abe,

about #1: I pasted the text with your Demo shortcodes and edited the Revolution Slider shortcode. It makes no difference if I use the imported slider or one of my own. This procedure works on all other pages, but not on my Shop page.

about #2: its icon-help in “Great daily deals” feature item, icon-gift in “Delivered to your in 4 days” feature item and icon-info in “In case You need help” feature item,
    the first three icons under the revolution slider on home shop page

sharmstr

If you want the icons to change like they do on the demo, you have to go into the Featured Items Grid settings and change them to bordered icons. Other than that, I’ve looked for the hover css and havent been able to track it down.

As far as the slider goes. I just imported the shop code and then switched the slider using the dropdown in VC. It worked perfectly. I’ve seen issues before when copying the demo page code in Chrome wont work because it adds spaces to the code. I always use firefox when copying the demo code. Maybe something like that is the issue.

If you reply privately with credentials to your site, we can have a look.

Abe
    Keymaster

@bogdance please use the Visual composer to edit the revslider element

---

bogdance
    Participant

Thank you for your response Abe and sharmstr,

about #1: I’ve found the solution:
    my Shop page was selected in WooCommerce | Settings | Products | Product Archive / Shop Page |
    I created a new page called Product Archive and selected it there instead.
    After that and saving new settings Revolution Slider has magically appeared in my Shop page in its full glory.
    I’ll give my self a pat on the back for this one…

about #2: sharmstr, where will I find the Featured Items Grid settings you mentioned, please?

sharmstr

The pencil icon above the grid. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bogdance
    Participant

to sharmstr,

about #2: I’ve found the Featured Items Grid settings in VC.

bogdance
    Participant

about #2: Solved! Thanks

sharmstr

No problem 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?