This topic has 91 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     Andrei

1. Misconfigurations with the permalinks broken the rtMedia image uploader.

2. You can use a plugin called “Social Articles” to provide your users options to write articles.

3. Don’t know if this is available, check with WiseChat settings, or maybe ask them if they have an addon for such feature.

4. You can only do that programatically using filters and hooks, that’s how buddypress pages work for the moment.

5. Misconfigurations with your private site settings and homepage, changed some settings and now it works just fine.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     reosys
    Participant

Please reply me shortly..

Andrei

I have already did, please check my last reply and let me know how it works.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     reosys
    Participant

6. I want to create an event with limited Number of Invitee or my friend list. This should not be shown to everyone. Now it is shown to everyone

reosys
    Participant

7. How can I display “Chat” on activity area.

reosys
    Participant

7. Blank search should not be there

reosys
    Participant

Please reply me soon. It is too much delay.

Andrei

Sorry for the delay,

For more details about how the events plugin works I recommend you to check within it’s documentation: http://wp-events-plugin.com/documentation/ and tutorials: http://wp-events-plugin.com/tutorials/

The chat window can be added in the activity page using a widget in the page sidebar.

Please let me know to which element are you referring with “blank search”, a screenshot pointing it would help a lot.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

I repeat my problem
    7. How can I display “Chat” on activity page.
    8. when search Blank it is showing all the detail of the users and everything. Blank search should not be there.
    9. I want to display the add on the top of every page but not displaying. mainly on Activity Page.

Please solve my solve my problem as it is getting so delayed, I am getting loss.

Andrei

7, You go in “Appearance > Widgets” and you add the chat widget to your sidebar.

8, Please provide me a screenshot as I’ve requested so I can understand from where you’re using this search box.

9, As well, please make a screenshot and do a mark with the exact place you need to add ads in your page.

Looking forward.

reosys
    Participant

8. when search Blank it is showing all the detail of the users and everything. Blank search should not be there. screen shot is attached
    9. I want to display the add on the top of every page but not displaying. mainly on Activity Page. screen shot attached

10. We want redirection to particular user’s activity area as screenshot is attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     reosys
    Participant

11. How to draft / change the welcome email after registration of user

12. Every one can Join the Group without permission of Group admin but he/ she should join after permission from Group admin.

reosys
    Participant

POST Buttons are not coming again (become invisible), once we post something.

Attachments:
     Andrei

Hello,

8. Acknowledged, we’ll improve the search box in our next update so that it won’t accept empty searches anymore.

9. For displaying ads in pages I recommend you to use one of the many wp ads manager plugins out there.
    There might be a note here to made, buddypress pages usually don’t accept or show any content from it’s assigned pages, so in most of the cases you need to add your ads or content with some custom hooks into their template system, of course, this will require some programming skills but here is an example code of how you could add content to the members activity pages ( each buddypress page has another set of hooks and validation functions ):

COPY CODE

function bp_before_member_activity_post_form_extra(){
        if( function_exists('bp_is_user_activity') && function_exists('bp_current_component') ) {
            if (bp_is_user_activity() || !bp_current_component()) {
                echo 'content or ad code';
            }
        }
    }
    add_action('bp_before_member_activity_post_form', 'bp_before_member_activity_post_form_extra' );

11. If you have update to the latest buddypress version then they just introduced in the wp admin area an menu called “Emails” from where you can change all email related to buddypress features.

12. Please check the options of making your Groups private or hidden, test and see which suits you better.

I couldn’t replicate the issue with the missing button, please be sure you have the latest version of our theme and also of all other related plugins.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

This is technical problem from your side I am not satisfied with your reply:

8. when search Blank it is showing all the detail of the users and everything. Blank search should not be there. screen shot is attached

9. I want to display the add on the top of Activity Page. screen shot attached

10. We want redirection to particular user’s activity area as screenshot is attached

Please reply me soon otherwise we need to withdraw this project.

Attachments:
     reosys
    Participant

Please reply me fast.

reosys
    Participant

11. When we post something in Activity Area it POST button become invisible.

Why are you selling such useless product if this is under construction???

reosys
    Participant

Please reply me soon I have to launch my website

Andrei

I have already replied to some of your questions above, please come with some punctual arguments, you can’t just say you’re not satisfied with my reply.

User redirection to a certain page after he logged in can be achieved with the use of the “Peter’s Login Redirect” plugin.

Regarding your issue with the post button in the activity page, the issue has come from the “BuddyPress Activity Privacy” which as you can see in it’s reviews page isn’t a plugin that works out of the box.

Before reporting something as being an issue or happening because of our theme please be sure it is by temporary deactivating all the plugins that didn’t got shipped with the theme.

As you can see, you’re calling our theme “useless” just because some other plugins that you’re trying to use aren’t optimised to work out of the box as they should.

Andrei

Also please be sure you update all your plugins.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

You replied me without checking…

Your reply:
    Regarding your issue with the post button in the activity page, the issue has come from the “BuddyPress Activity Privacy” which as you can see in it’s reviews page isn’t a plugin that works out of the box.

My problem:

Please check with User- roorkee
    pass- roorkee

and POST something, it disable the POST button.

reosys
    Participant

This is technical problem from your side I am not satisfied with your reply:

Below as given in demo
    09. We want redirection to particular user’s activity area as screenshot is attached

Please reply me soon otherwise we need to withdraw this project.

Attachments:
     reosys
    Participant

I have given u the admin password too. Please check and notify me.

Andrei

Mate, it seems like you don’t even read or understand what I’m telling you.

Yesterday I have logged in as admin on your site, I have deactivated the “BuddyPress Activity Privacy” and after that I have tested the activity stream posting, which was working fine without that plugin, today I see you reactivated that plugin, which causes issues because is not working out of the box, please deactivate it and everything should work fine in your activity posting.

The blank search issue will be fixed in the next theme update, there isn’t a quick fix that I can provide you right away.

Regarding your login redirection preferences I already recommended you to use the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/

Let me know if everything is clear now and if you need any more help.
    Cheers

reosys
    Participant

Thank you for reply.
    BUT we need privacy for each and every member/ user so that one can not see everything of other member.

Please give me right solution

Andrei

Hi,

Unfortunately as you can see in the plugin reviews page ( https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/buddypress-activity-privacy ), it has lots of issues out of the box because it’s not constantly updated and made to work with the latest buddypress version.

We can consider this plugin in the future for an advanced integration in our templates but this will require some dedicated amount of time for building the integration and properly test it and it’s not something with which I can quickly help you.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

In your live demo when we put user name /password we go direct straight to the acticity page,
    in our case it is not forwarding to activity page

PLEASE UNDERSTAND USER SHOULD GO ONLY ACTIVITY PAGE OF ITS OWN.
    PLEASE PROVIDE THE PATH

Andrei

Please go in “Appearance > Theme Options > Login page redirect”, select custom url, and enter the full url where you want your users to be redirected.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

1. Please send me the path of particular user activity page where I can insert Advertisement Code.

2. not working as
    Please go in “Appearance > Theme Options > Login page redirect”, select custom url, and enter the full url where you want your users to be redirected.

I want to goto a user’s own page after login

like:
    http://connecthuman.net/members/adminch/

reosys
    Participant

PLease reply me soon we are on final thing..

Andrei

Hi,

1. I have provided you a piece of code somewhere above in this page, which you can customise and add it to the functions.php in the child theme.

2. From the same place, in the custom link field, you can use a placeholder, here is how the link looks like in our demo page, so please adapt it to your needs before using it: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/buddyapp/members/##member_name##/

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

I have to edit user/ member activity page please send the path
    such as

http://connecthuman.net/members/adminch/

Andrei

Editing profile templates requires advanced programming knowledge, in order to be able to render content in those page and not break any functionalities you need to use action hooks, as the example i’ve given you already above in this page.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

We are on final stage please help me out.
    I have programming skill but not clear from where member activity is coming Please provide the path for http://connecthuman.net/members/roorkee/ editing this page.

Please….

Andrei

Hi,

The template files are located under “wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/members/single/”, there are lots of template files so depending to the location you need to add content you will have to edit one of those files.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

1. Account data are not coming ( pic attached)
    2. After login it is going to home page, can we make different page for LOGOUT

Attachments:
     Andrei

Hi,

1. That shortcode is not familiar, maybe it comes from other plugins that you tried to use.

2. I couldn’t exactly understand what you’re looking for, please provide me more details.

Cheers

reosys
    Participant

2. After logout it is going to home page, can we make different page for LOGOUT.

3. In Activity Area when We post Video. The post is supporting only mp4 format so it is difficult for user to identify the format as it is not even mentioned on the POST area.
    Please provide me some alternate plugin or Method.
    4. How can I display data of Account for particular user(SCREEN SHOT IS ATTACHED)

Attachments:
     reosys
    Participant

5. Please see the attachment

Attachments:
     reosys
    Participant

6. Chat should be on Right side menu.

Attachments:
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?