This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     redokodesign
    Participant

Hi,

Awesome theme. Love it.

My client is asking if it’s possible to show who has liked a post. For example, if a post has seven ‘likes’ it would be great to see who has liked the post. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tom

Radu

Hi,

Thank you for the nice words.

This is not available in kleo, anyways if you receive a like from unlogged person you cannot see his identity.

Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     pandreas82
    Participant

How can you likes from logged in users?

Radu

Simply press the heart..
    See here example http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/blog/

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     pandreas82
    Participant

The question actually was how can admin (or editor) see users who likes a specific post.. Is there a way?

Regards,

Andreas

Radu

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot view who liked a post.

Regards

Radu

pandreas82
    Participant

Ok thank you! Which is the table of database that this info is stored to?? So I can make a custom report to show who liked which post..

Thank you!

redokodesign
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I too would like to know where in the database the details of who has liked a post are stored so that I can build a basic function to display there.

It might be worth thinking about adding this feature in your next version because a) several of us are asking about it and b) in lots of social networks it’s important to see who has liked a post so that you can gauge reactions to content.

Thanks,

Tom

Andrei

The likes information are stored as post meta, but there is no information saved regarding the user who liked the post. Maybe we’ll mark this as an improvement for the future.

redokodesign
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m still a bit confused about why this isn’t possible.

Your (excellent) theme shows who has liked activity items, so why would it be difficult to add this hook to posts? I’d be happy to do it myself, I just need some basic guidance.

I’m finding it hard to explain to clients why showing who has liked something is possible in the activity stream but not in posts.

Thanks,

Tom

Andrei

It’s simple, item activity comes from buddypress plugin, and the feature/like option from the activity items is build only for components of the buddypress plugin and not for all wordpress post types.

Rebuilding this feature for a general use is not something that I can provide you in a few lines of code.

Please consider adding this as a feature request topic and if it will get voted we’ll consider developing it.

Meanwhile you can also search for an additional plugin to match your needs and use it.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?