This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by zm.

• Author
     stanleyuroy
    Participant

1- I will like to feature my social media links in the footer

2-I cannot find a category or how to create categories for various groups. I need to categorise groups?

3-What is the rightful dimension of a logo for this theme?

4- How Do I set the groups to operate based on membership levels?

5- I cannot find provision for someone to invite a friend

6- I am unable to find or identify the members directory

7- How can I setup each group with various forums that are only for the specific member levels?

sharmstr

1 – You can add the social links you’ve set in theme options by adding [kleo_social_icons] to one of the footer widgets. Then add this to your quick css.

COPY CODE

#footer .kleo-social-icons li {
        display: inline;
        font-size: 20px;
    }
    #footer .kleo-social-icons .ts-text {
        display: none;
    }

2 – Buddypress doesnt have group categories by default. You’ll have to find a plugin for that. I found this, but have never used it: http://wptavern.com/new-plugin-adds-taxonomies-to-buddypress-groups

3 – You can use whatever size you want. The logo will be downsized to fit depending on how you’ve set up your header. By default, it will be 88px tall.

4 – There’s nothing built into PMPro for that. It will require either a plugin or custom code.

5 – You’ll need a plugin for that. Try Invite Anyone. Its written by the same people who work on the buddypress plugin.

6 – http://www.yoursite.com/members Unless you’ve set a different page in Settings > Buddypress > Pages

7 – Same answer as 4.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

stanleyuroy
    Participant

Hi Sharmtr,

Thank you a million fold. You guys rock. I do honestly adore the way deal with your customers. I am 100% happy with your communications. I will be looking forward to find out and or investigate

Please can you provide me with a screenshot of exactly where I need to place code within the theme’s options? Please also show me an example of how to add social links as I am not a coder.

Lastly, I found this plugin that is compatible with buddypress, I need your advice if it will work with Kloe (http://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-membership-pro-wordpress-plugin/12159253). I need to restrict certain groups for specific membership levels.

sharmstr

Glad to hear it 🙂

*** removed the first part of my response as it didnt apply to you ***

You dont need to be a coder. Go to WP Admin -> Appearance > Widgets. Put a text widget in one of your footers and add [kleo_social_icons]. Then go to Theme Options > General and paste the css I gave you into your quick css field.

I have no idea if that plugin will work. I dont see that it will block users to certain buddypress groups. All it says is that it syncs the account info. You need to speak with them.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

here’s the screenshots

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     stanleyuroy
    Participant

Many thanks guys. It worked like a miracle. Excellent service and know-how. I am delighted.

zm
    Participant

Hi, with this css code and [kleo_social_icons] code social icons are not visible. please elaborate more.
    I have done same like in above image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?