This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Vanessa.

• Author
     Vanessa
    Participant

I read somewhere that Kleo blocks were compatible with Gutenberg, but I can’t seem to find a way to add them from the Gutenberg editor.

How can I use the gutenberg editor and add kleo blocks?

Kieran_SQ

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for contacting us about KLEO’s integration with Gutenberg. KLEO is compatible with the new editor in WordPress but we have yet to integrate the elements traditionally found in WP Bakery into Gutenberg. We are working on this and it will be available in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Vanessa
    Participant

Awesome thank you!
    I’m very excited about this!
    If there was anyway you can support variable width columns in Gutenberg that’s something I’ll need to fully switch over.
    There is a plug-in from a theme manufacturer called ‘Kadence blocks’ that does this, but I’d much rather use something you create since I know for sure it will work.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’m not sure if that will be an option or not. There is some discussion in the WordPress community regarding best practice and themes with adding blocks. I’m going to put forward your suggestion to the core developers and when I have some more information on this I’ll update you.

To confirm, the plugin in question is this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/kadence-blocks/?

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Vanessa
    Participant

Thanks. Yes that’s the plugin I was thinking of.
    I’d like to move off more heavy weight page builders like wpbakery- lack of variable width columns in Gutenberg is the first thing I encountered that would make this difficult.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’ve had some feedback from the developers and the consensus is that variable width columns / rows is a feature that will be rolled out for the new WordPress editor in the coming months and is therefore not something we will be looking to duplicate.

Realistically it should have been made available in the initial release of the editor but appears to have been an oversight. We’ll keep an eye on the development of this feature and if necessary we’ll add support for it.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Vanessa
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. Makes a lot of sense to wait for WordPress core to update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?