This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     etwark
    Participant

Hi guy i write here because after time i couldn’t find out how to change the labels on the comment form, if i add an array section in the comment.php of standard template the comment form change but in kleo not.

How i can solve this issue..?

Thank.

Radu

You can do that by using loco translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

You will need to go to the plugin dashboard and in kleo section add new language, choose your language, and if you are asked where you want to save the language files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ) then search for that string and translate it.

That’s all

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     etwark
    Participant

Sorry but i don’t need to change in another language but i need to change the “leave a replay” to Leave a comment

Where i find the code the function..?

I tried with a default template of wordpress under contact_form() and worked..but with kleo no

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

Add this code to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

if (!function_exists('kleo_comment_form')) :

function kleo_comment_form( $args = array(), $post_id = null ) {

$comments_args = array(
                    'title_reply'          => __( 'Leave a comment', 'kleo_framework' ),
                    'title_reply_to'       => __( 'Leave a comment to %s', 'kleo_framework' ),
                    );

comment_form($comments_args);
        }

endif;

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     etwark
    Participant

With the code enabled the text box became like this

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi again,

If you will have more strings to rename i suggest you to use loco translate, not for translating to another language just to rename/adjust your string names, go to loco translate add same language as your language, and when you are asked where you want to save lang files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ) in this way you will be able to search for strings and rename it. If you will use this option (loco translate) remove the function that i have provided to you

Cheers

Radu

directnet42u
    Participant

it looks like the code above strips out this div:

which wraps this div

and has the padding and margin for the bottom of the button.

how do we add that div back into the comment form? or can we just ass css?

Radu

What div wraps ?! what do you mean the button should be on the right side?

Q: how do we add that div back into the comment form? or can we just ass CSS?
    R: The function removes the div? the function doesn’t write any div, as you can see in function content.

directnet42u
    Participant

Sorry, the comment field did not accept my HTML code – didn’t realize there was a “code” tag

When I implemented the function above, for some reason, it removes the div with the ID respond-wrap:
    <div id="respond-wrap">

Which wraps the div with the id respond and class of comment-respond:
    <div id="respond" class="comment-respond">

When the respond-wrap div is removed, the comment button hits the top of the footer section as demonstrated by
    etwark’s image. There is no spacing below the button. In addition, the comment textarea field is only half the width.

When I remove the code from above, the comment field returns to it’s proper padding and width.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi

Wordpress allow by default only few elements like a b i if you need other elements to be allowed follow this link : http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/17947/expanding-the-allowed-html-tags-in-comments

Cheers
    R

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?