This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     groubee
    Participant

ex site.dk/members/johndoe/

How can I change the Main Sidebar with another sidebar? I cant find the page where can change the sidebar.

I hope you can help me?

best regards

Tonny

Laura

Hello, you can Change the widgets at Appearance > Widgets
    And for individual pages at each page, at the bottom you can Change the sidebar

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

groubee
    Participant

Hi Laura

Thanks – I know! But which page do I change the widget if I want to change the sidebar on the members/profile page? there is no profile page? or is there?

groubee
    Participant

hi @Andrei or @Abe can you help me out? I dont think Laura understand me or I dont understand her… 🙂

I know what Laura writes but it does not help me – because the member/profile page does not exist as a page? or does it? so if it not exist how can I change the sidebar as she describes on the profile page?

I can see the member page… but not the profile page I land on when I click on a members profile.

I hope you can help me out – I really love your theme!!

best regards
    Tonny

Laura

Hello, this topic is assigned to me, please lets keep trying to find a solution.
    Profile and buddypress pages are all Dynamic pages, they are created per request by the php code.
    Andrei and Abe are very busy right now so i would prefer if you continue talking with me, i am sorry if i am not enough but i would ask you to please stay.
    As i said, a link like that is not possible without editing theme files, anyone would tell you the same, you need a developer to do this for you and we can only help with small modifications as we have a lot of topics to take care of.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Laura

The buddypress pages will use your main sidebar, members page is the global page for all subpages like profile

groubee
    Participant

Ok, so the solution is to use the main sidebar to buddypress profil page, and other sidebars to all the other pages which I can change sidebar on my self.

thanks!

Sorry if I was to any inconvenience!

best regards
    Tonny

Laura

Hello, yes or to use a widget manager to assign widgets to different pages with the same sidebar
    Here: https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/widget-visibility/

groubee
    Participant

Ok Thanks a lot @laura

Laura

Hello, it was a pleasure 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?