This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     UrbanGeek
    Participant

I Would Like to make a few changes to some of the wording on the site.. For instance I would like to change ‘cancel friendship’ to ‘unfriend’…
    Also I would like to change (male, men, man) to something else cause im using the theme for a women only site. So I want to change man to stud, and sex to sexuality.

Where can I got to make these changes myself. I thought I found the way to do it. But its not working.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can change profile fields from WP Admin -> Users -> Profile fields.
    ‘cancel friendship’ to ‘unfriend’ you need to add a piece of code to sweetdate-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

//when logged in - generated by buddypress
    add_filter('bp_get_add_friend_button', 'kleo_bp_change_friend_text');
      function kleo_bp_change_friend_text($button)
      {
          $is_friend = bp_is_friend( bp_get_member_user_id() );

if ( empty( $is_friend ) )
            return false;

switch ( $is_friend ) {
            case "pending":
              $button['link_text'] = __( 'Cancel Friendship Request', 'kleo_framework' );
              break;
            case "is_friend":  
              $button['link_text'] = __( 'Cancel Friendship', 'kleo_framework' );
              break;
            default:
              $button['link_text'] = __( 'Add me as a Friend', 'kleo_framework' );
              break;
          }
        return $button;
      }

Change the wording to match your needs.
    Make sure you have to child-theme activated.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     UrbanGeek
    Participant

Thanxz!…

I have another problem but its more of a buddypress question not a theme problem.
    Just curious if you had any knowledge on this any way.
    My question is I want to remove the numbers next to (All Members & Friends) on the Activity Wall.
    Also How To Make My Activity Wall Only Show Certain Stuff… I only want it to show status updates.

If you know how to accomplish this please help. If not I understand… Peace

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I don’t have a solution for the counting members unfortunately. For your second question this link has the solution: http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/loops-reference/the-activity-stream-loop/
    the file is located in sweetdate/activity/activity-loop.php

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?