This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Cafonauta.

• Author
     modsters
    Participant

I’m trying to split posts into mutliple pages. I’ve tried using a <!––nextpage––> tag w/ <?php wp_link_pages(); ?> in Single.php but that doesn’t seem to work. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

sharmstr

The next page tag has to be within the post content, I believe. So if you’re not programatically injecting that into the $the_content, it wont work. I think it common practice to inject the nextpage into the content (after every x number of words) on page save, not in single. I’m sure google will be of some help with this.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

modsters
    Participant

Before submitting a ticket I always search for answers but unfortunately, the Page Break function <!–nextpage–> does not seem to work with the Kleo theme. I instert it into the content or a post, for example, following directions at http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-split-wordpress-posts-into-multiple-pages/ but Kleo theme does not seem to support this. There are page break plugins but all they do is offer a button to insert the <!–nextpage–> code more quickly.

Since you have many thousands of downloads of Kleo and bounce rate is such a big deal, I would think that many users would want to create multipage posts. Is there another workaround for this that you know of? I bought the Kleo theme because I wanted the best of the best themes and I think Kleo is awesome, but this functionality is highly desriable. Btw, I’m not a developer so I can only do light coding 🙁

Thanks.

sharmstr

Kelo supports it. See attached.

Do you have something installed that’s causing the issue?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     steve0nz
    Participant

Hi there

I have been looking at the next page function and I have been trying to modify it so I will just get a button for next page that is something like “read the full story”.

COPY CODE
    		<?php if ( ! $is_single ) : // Only display Excerpts for Search ?>
    			<?php echo kleo_excerpt( 50 ); ?>
    			<p class="kleo-continue">
    				<a class="btn btn-default"
    				   href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php esc_html_e( 'Continue reading', 'kleo_framework' ); ?></a>
    			</p>
    		<?php else : ?>
    			<?php the_content( esc_html__( 'Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>', 'kleo_framework' ) ); ?>
    			<?php wp_link_pages( array(
    				'before' => '<div class="page-links">' . esc_html__( 'Pages:', 'kleo_framework' ),
    				'after'  => '</div>',
    			) ); ?>
    		<?php endif; ?>

I am having issues when I use <!–nextpage–> that I get random tags for the page (see attached image), I don’t understand where they are coming from.

My questions i;, how do I modify the next page code since your theme is already handling it? I would like to have a button that splits up the page and makes it a second page. The continue reading in the example I gave above looks perfect but I don’t know how to call it.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Cafonauta
    Participant

Kelo supports it. See attached.

Do you have something installed that’s causing the issue?

I’m using Visual composer and <!– nextpage –> doesn’t work. it seems that VC removes it.
    I tried to paste the tag outside of vc_row with classic editor but it doesn’t work either. I get the tag output as plain text.

I still supported?
    all of my website is made using VC and its’ widgets so I don’t know how to split a very long article.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?