This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Kleo Support team,

I want to know how can i set member searching (name, e-mail, location & etc) in a page and how can i create the search bar in the page (like attachment below).

Thank You

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Install BP Profile Search. Read their documentation on how to build the form. Add the form to your page using their shortcode placed in a text box. You can import the Get Connected page to see an example.

After you do that, if you find that you want a bunch of css changes, please start a new thread.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

What is the shortcode for BP Profile Search?

Thanks

sharmstr

Its in their documentation. https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/installation/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Ok. Shortcode done. but everytime i create search button, the result no showing out?

Thanks

sharmstr

Did you set up the form action to the members page?

alexlim91
    Participant

So i need to set the action to members page right?

sharmstr

Yes

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

I face one problem when using the visual composer.
    When I follow the visual composer video tutorial to do some extra custom css,from picture (111111) i plan to draw a border and background, after i key the code it show ok but when i move up the menu (picture 2222) no showing transparent and got white bar on the top.Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Attachments:
     sharmstr

The white bar on top looks like an extra row. Delete it.

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

I cannot delete it. The white bar appesr when i edit visual composer css. If i remove the css code then i will disappear. Why like that?

Thanks

sharmstr

Why cant you delete it? Or at the very least, set it to draft? See attached for the row I’m talking about. What do you have it there? There is no css attached to that row.

Attachments:
     alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

For your info my domain name has change to this one buddyzpage.com. the admin user name and password still name. Then you to the “get connect vertical” page then you can found the custom css at that page. “Setting” button.

sharmstr

I know. The image I attached is from your site. The css at the top inside the gear icon has nothing to do with that row.

sharmstr

I deleted it for you. I cant keep telling you to do the same thing over and over. I dont have the time.

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

I didnt add any css on the top header. I follow the step that show by visual composer. This is the link (http://vc.wpbakery.com/video-academy/add-css-specific-element-visual-composer-wordpress/)

sharmstr
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

And to be clear. The css you added had nothing to do with your issue. Again, it was the very top row that you had added. Here is the row that I deleted.

Attachments:
     alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,
    So the top header is gone now?

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Just now i got try to set my front page but there got some problem when during setting. I plan to set this (http://www.buddyzpage.com/get-connected-vertical-form/?preview_id=6809&preview_nonce=ef049689a6) as my front page but when i got to setting > Reading> change the front page from (Activity-currently using) to (Get Connected vertical form) then it show the “Blog” page to me, What is the problem?

Thank You

alexlim91
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Just now i got try to set my front page but there got some problem when during setting. I plan to set this (http://www.buddyzpage.com/get-connected-vertical-form/?preview_id=6809&preview_nonce=ef049689a6) as my front page but when i got to setting > Reading> change the front page from (Activity-currently using) to (Get Connected vertical form) then it show the “Blog” page to me, What is the problem?

Thank You

sharmstr

I’ve asked you several times now to not ask your questions multiple times. I do not work 24 hours a day. Asking the same thing multiple times will not get your question answered any faster. Please stop.

You had “Set geodirectory home page as your home” enabled.

alexlim91
    Participant

Ok. BY the way, May i know how can i change the format of favourite? Because when i click like button it show “marked as favourite” and the website will refresh it. Can it change it? because i got saw other theme when i click like button, the website didnt show “marked as favourite” and no refresh after click it

sharmstr

That question has nothing to do with “members search”. Please start a new topic.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?