This topic has 22 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by santosh2014.

• Author

Tagged: 

santosh2014
    Participant

Hello,
    How can I edit default(demo) portfolio(http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio/). I have added a new category in portfolio categories but I can not see the category name when I edit default portfolio from visual composer backend. I can see only default categories(Image attached).why can not I find the new category which I created.

Do I need to use “tabs” to create a page like “portfolio”(http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio/)?
    If yes, How to include a new portfolio in a page?what is the shortcode?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

It will only show categories that have content. So if you create a category, but havent assigned a portfolio item to that category yet, the category wont show. Please confirm this is your issue or not.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Wait – Sorry. That’s the default WP archive template that isnt controlled by VC. Currently there is no way to hide categories for that archive.

Alternatively, you can tell Kleo to use the custom portfolio page that you appear to be working on. Go to Theme Options > Portfolio and turn on Custom page for Portfolio Archive.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

santosh2014
    Participant

ok,Thank you for help sharmstr, I had to check the “category name” in right sidebar and updated,then I could see it.

santosh2014
    Participant

Hi,
    you did not answer:How to include a new portfolio in a page?what is the shortcode? do I need to use “tabs” create a page like “portfolio”(http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio/)?

I have created a new portfolio, I want to include that in a separate page.how to include that using short-codes.

sharmstr

I dont understand your question. A portfolio is a page.

santosh2014
    Participant

I would like to create a another portfolio like page. like [kleo_portfolio2], how to do that?

sharmstr

Just add the portfolio shortcode to any page.

Attachments:
     santosh2014
    Participant

I know that, can not I create another portfolio page with different categories?

santosh2014
    Participant

If it is not possible, How to use sub categories? I have created some categories and sub categories,But I can not see all sub categories on portfolio page(images attached).

When I attach “portfolio item” to a “sub category” It is shown as category in “portfolio” page. Then there is no use of sub categories?

May be I am not customizing it properly, please guide. Thank you.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Yes. You can use the shortcode on 100 different pages if you want.

You can have as many Portfolio Listing pages as you want. If you want one for each category, you can do that with the shortcode. If you want one that shows 2 specific categories and one that shows 2 other categories, you can do that with the shortcode as well.

here are two I created that on my test site.
    http://dev.sharmstr.com/portfolio-dandp/
    http://dev.sharmstr.com/print-and-video-portfolios/

sharmstr

I’ve never tried sub categories on portfolios. My thought its not going to work, but let me play with it.

sharmstr

Actually, respond privately with a link and credentials so I can look at your setup.

santosh2014
    Participant

Great, Thank you, You said we can create, but,You did not said how to create like that.could you explain it?

santosh2014
    Participant

I want to set up like on your website.if I can set up like you I do not require sub categories.
    anyway, I will share credentials in private. play with it.

santosh2014
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

1 – Wp admin > Pages > Add New.

2 – Click on Backend Editor and add the portfolio shortcode.

3 – Exclude all the categories except the ones you want. Or if you only want one, then select it from the dropdown

4 – Click save.

Repeat for the other categories starting at step 1

sharmstr
     sharmstr
     santosh2014
    Participant

Okay, Thank you very much Sharmstr, Portfolios are working, I will try and check.

santosh2014
    Participant

Hello,Sharmstr, I have created new categories. I have created new page and tried to assign few categories to one page, but I can not see all the categories to exclude or include.I can see only old categories. But I can see the all categories when I create a new “portfolio item” to assign the item to categories.

Why cant I see all categories? I have tried empty the cache,saved again parmalinks, and loged in again new browser to find the categories, but I cant see the categories.Please help ASAP.

Thank you.

sharmstr

Go to WP Admin > Portfolios > Categories. You’ll see that most of your categories dont have any portfolios assigned to them. As I said before, they wont show up in the list unless you have something assigned to them.

santosh2014
    Participant

ok,I understood now. I just created categories,but,I did not create any portfolio item to assign.

I will try this step tomorrow. Thank you.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?