This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     Gandam
    Participant

Hi,
    I haven been creating different category pages and I was thinking if you could help me to avoid the specific category/tag displaying on default blog page, so it doesn’t repeatedly show in default blog page. In any new page I can manage to set up a different “data source” to narrow its displaying on frontend, but not for default blog page, so how do I do it?! I can’t find any similar topics from your support. Thank you for providing us excellent support always.

Radu

Hello,

1. Activate Kleo Child Theme.

2. Then replace index.php from child theme with this file ( see attachment ).

3. Open the index.php look for $hidecategories = ‘cat=-1,-2,-3’; ( line 26 )

Replace -1 with id from category do you want to hide if you want to hide only one category the code will be like this : $hidecategories = ‘cat=-1’; but if you have more than one category to hide code will be like this : $hidecategories = ‘cat=-1,-2,-3’;

Let me know if it works.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Gandam
    Participant

@Radu – thanks for your help. I am not sure if I am doing this right, but nothing has changed after I replaced index file and amended this line to $hidecategories = ‘cat=-events′; is category id same as category name? Pls advise, thanks again.

Gandam
    Participant

@Radu – I’ve managed to get category id, it works!! great help, thanks!!:)

Gandam
    Participant

@Radu – I picked up another error after I replaced attached index.php file. It seems that this index.php breaking up blog pagination, what do I do now, pls help?! 🙁

Radu

HEllo,

Please give me the url, and the admin credentials.

I need to take a look closer.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Gandam
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hello,

I added in your kelo-child/functions.php this function that will exclude certain categories.

COPY CODE

function exclude_category_home( $query ) {
        if ( $query->is_home() && $query->is_main_query() ) {
            $query->set( 'cat', '-2,-80' );
        }
    }
    add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'exclude_category_home' );

If you want to add more categories, just separate them with commas.

Let me know if is ok.

Cheers

Radu

A small thing, just re assign a blog page from Settings -> Readings -> Front page displays -> Posts page.

Cheers

Gandam
    Participant

@Radu – Everything seems to be in working order, pagination is working as well, thank you so much!! 🙂

clickafy
    Participant

I was able to make the change…

But it’s not paginating correctly… it just respawns the blog posts every time…every page.

brandmediastudio.com – click on articles… to see.

Thoughts?

Radu
     clickafy
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Try to apply only the second solution, it this doesn’t work please provide admin credentials to look closer.

Regards

RAdu

clickafy
    Participant

That seems to have fixed it… thanks. 🙂

Radu

You’re welcome,

Also don’t forget to rate our theme on Themeforest and give it 5 stars 🙂

http://themeforest.net/downloads/

Best regards

Radu

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?