This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by PeterGould.

• Author
     rudik2
    Participant

Hi,
    how to generate menu items with links to logged in user profile by adding a custom link with ##profile_link## as the URL ??

I would like to show information in header “Please upload your profile photo >>click<<“. When “>>click<<” i would like to generate link to site when user can upload photo, but in url is member account name. How to generate link to site when user can change profle photo without in url name.

http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp-modern/members/jola-mikulsk/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav

??

Abe
    Keymaster

Simple, add it like ##profile_link##/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

rudik2
    Participant

Abe, don’t work it. I write that: <a href="/##profile_link##/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav">add photo</a>
    and when i click to “add photo” i am redirect to home page.

Abe
    Keymaster

what I gave you is added in the menu just like that as a link

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

adam
    Participant

it also just goes to the homepage for me. how do i get the ##profile_link## short code to change dynamically based on the username? the url is still /##profile_link##/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav for me.

adam
    Participant

to clarify, i don’t want to use it as a menu item but simply a hyperlink within text on a page.

Abe
    Keymaster

I understand, right now is not possible. Try looking for a plugin

---

PeterGould
    Participant

You can do it by adding a shortcode plugin and then calling that in the URL. I have used it successfully on my site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?