This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by mycolombianwife.

• Author
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

After analysing my website with serval tools like this one for instance:
    I found out that the page speed is pretty slow.

Is there any way to improve the page speed of the website?

I have the Wordfence plugin installed.
    It has a funcion “wordfence falcon engine” which apparently increases the preformance to 30 – 50 times.
    (Please see the first screenshot)

The the additional screenshots you can see the list of my plugins.

Thanks in advance

It only alows me to add 4 screenshots

I also have Wordfenche Security
    and WordPress SEO plugin installed

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

I found a solution, for everyone who wants to speed up this theme I recommed W3 Total Cache Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, indeed using a caching plugin will increase site speed. Also using a minify plugin will add some extra speed. see WordPress Better Minify and this instructions: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/w3tc-settings-imported

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Hi, yes I´ve did all this, but today I´ve got this message:
    To whom it may concern, Your site is so slow that it is not worth being a part of. Sorry! I dont have this problem with any other site i visist please unsubscribe me Thank you Nick canada

I think its beause of the of the memberspage, the time is take to change to an other page.
    Even after making the upper optimizations, the time it takes it load a page of the memberspage it about 6 secounds.

Is there any way to improve that ?

Abe
    Keymaster

@mycolombianwife you should consider another hosting maybe if the caching does not help you

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Hello my host is 1und1.de which is one of the best in Germany.
    Which host should I have for this theme?

I mean if I consider changing the host, which details should I consider?

I´ve noticed that the demo of the theme is more faster than my website.
    http://themeforest.net/item/sweet-date-more-than-a-wordpress-dating-theme/full_screen_preview/4994573

My website still loads very slow, also the backend is slow even though I´m using a catching plugin.

I often get the database error aswell.

If I give you my log in details, could you please check my backend.
    Maybe you will find what is slowing down my website?

Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

Sometimes disabling the plugin would result in higher speeds. try WP Super Cache
    there are many things you should consider before choosing a hosting like type of hosting, VPS, dedicated; memory, processor. The higher the better 🙂

See this topic on hosting https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/something-is-definitely-hitting-the-cpu-hard

---

mycolombianwife
    Participant

thanks for the reply.
    I´ve talked to my host provider and someone advised me to buy an dedicated server.
    He indicated that there are about 4000 visitor on the website daily, (which I revised.)

Google anayltics only shows me about 800 visitors daily.

He said that my actual server is limited to about 1000 visits daily.

So, from my understanding I´m loosing about 3000 visitors daily because I dont have a dedidacted server.

He advised me to buy this server
    http://hosting.1und1.de/server-dedicated-l?linkOrigin=dedicated-server&linkId=ct.btn.server-dedicated-l
    Intel® Atom™ C2750
    8 Cores x 2,4 GHz
    (2,6 Turbo Boost GHz)
    8 GB DDR3 ECC
    1.000 GB (2 x 1.000 SATA)

What do you know form other people running this theme? Which server do they have?
    Is the upper one exaggerated?

Right now I have about 750 registered users and apperantly 4000 visitor daily.

I hope the numbers will probably go up…

Is the change to the dedicated server necessary from your point of view?

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes for sure the dedicated server will help you achieve a greater page speed so I think it is worth.

---

mycolombianwife
    Participant

I have this dedicated server now:
    Intel® Atom™ C2750
    8 Cores x 2,4 GHz
    (2,6 Turbo Boost GHz)
    8 GB DDR3 ECC

and the website is still not fast enough.
    It is a LiTTLE bit faster but really just one secound or so, no big difference than before…

I´ve upgraded to following server now.

Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 V3
    4 Cores x 3,5 GHz
    (Hyper Threading)
    16 GB DDR3 ECC

The change is going to take place in about 3 days, I´m going to inform how the speed of the website has improved.

For the record I´d like to know on which host other users of this theme use??

At the moment I have about 4000 visitor daily.

Please take a look at my website and give me your opinion on the speed. Thanks!
    http://www.mycolombianwife.com/

Abe
    Keymaster

Sweet 🙂 I can see that now your server response is around 200ms which is great but it depends on the traffic you have

---

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Yes, after the upgrade to this dedicated server the page speed has been significantly improved:

Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 V3
    4 Cores x 3,5 GHz
    (Hyper Threading)
    16 GB DDR3 ECC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to improve the page speed?’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?