This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hi,
    1.I have enabled both socail share icons and share but I did not find any options for mail. When I click mail icon it is not opening anything.

How to make it work?

2.I have installed “simple author box plugin”. I have added social links to my profile and in theme’s settings also. I have tried renaming extended profiles fields from Google to Google Plus too. But could not solve.

Everything working perfectly but only Google plus icon is not showing.I have searched for solution in plugin support page,but no body got same problem which I have.

What could be the problem?how to make it work?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hello,

To open something when you click on email icon, you need to have an emial client installed like outlook or thunderbird.

To display that plugin, add this code to your theme functions.php from kleo-child folder ( kleo-child/functions.php )

COPY CODE

add_action ('bp_after_activity_entry', wpsabox_author_box, '9', );

Let me know if it works.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hi,
    1. Ok,I understood, there is a problem with outlook. No issue with this.Thank you.
    2.After I added the line. I have got white screen.

I found that, the plugin is not syncing the fields with Buddypress extended profile fields but with WordPress profile fields.

I want every member of website edit their profile from “Front End” but not from “Back End Dashboard”.

How to sync those buddypress fields with “simple author box plugin”. so that the fields information(bio and social links) could display in author box. Or else, is there any other good buddypress compatible plugin for author box?

Andrei

Hi mate, forget about the code above, Radu probably misunderstood your problem, which happens because your buddypress fields are not recognized by the plugin, because that plugin isn’t optimized for buddypress. You should contact the plugin author and see if he can offer you any solutions.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     santosh2014
    Participant

I already said in previous reply that I found problem I have researched about the problem in BuddyPress forums too but there is no solutions it seems. Please have a look at it.

Problem is : buddy press fields are not syncing with WordPress fields. If we create extended profile fields in BuddyPress how to sync them with WordPress fields?

If I could solve this problem, above problem will be automatically solved. I hope you understood.

Thank you.

sharmstr

Check WP Admin > Settings > Buddypress > Settings > Profile Syncing. If that’s not working you need to take that up with the BP devs.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

santosh2014
    Participant

Hi Thank you Sharmstr for reply.
    I already done that before posting the issue here.

Leave it.

What is the best BuddyPress compatible plugin for “author box”?

sharmstr

I dont know. Its best to start a new topic and ask the community.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

santosh2014
    Participant

ok,thank you.

littleditty
    Participant

I am curious, how can I change the function of the email social share icon from using Outlook to instead using WP-Email popup plugin? I am just finding it difficult to locate WHERE to change the settings for the envelope/email icon on the social share. Can you please direct?

Thank you

sharmstr

its in /kleo/page-parts/posts-social-share.php. Copy it to your child theme and add your code.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?