This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

It’s pretty simple.  I know that I have to use the Post Grid shortcode in order to have pagination control on custom pages, but I want the display to look like the default Kleo Posts grid view, and use the exact same same pagination styles.  I can’t find how to set the display options in Post Grid to deliver the style I want,  and the pagination options don’t show the same either.  Post Grid is also VERY SLOW loading.  Kleo Posts is much faster, and also has a superior query constructor widget.  Why can’t we have the best of both in one shortcode?

One solution would be to include pagination controls in Kleo Posts.  This would make everything much easier.

So two actual questions:

1.  How do I use Post Grid shortcode to mimic default WP/Kleo Posts grid view and pagination styles?
    2.  Why does Kleo Posts not have pagination controls?  (I found a vote thread from 2 years ago about this exact thing.)

Kieran_SQ

Hi @ChefsConnection,

Thanks for contacting us today, I am going to forward to this to one of our developers @Radu who will be able to answer this question for you and maybe look at extending the functionality of the KLEO Posts element. They’ll be in touch as soon as they can.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ChefsConnection
    Participant

Thank you Kieran, we are so very happy with Kleo and for the support we receive from SQ. I’m sure Radu will be able to come up with a fantastic solution as always.

Radu

Hi,

Our module Kleo Posts have a load more option instead the pagination

Also, you can build your custom query pulling exactly what you need from the database

Or if you want to modify the Post Grid appearance you will have to modify or to edit/change the template from Item Design

So you have two options or use the load more feature using Kleo Posts or adapt the design using Post Grid

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

Respectfully @Radu, you have not answered my questions. You’ve only told me information I already know, which isn’t very helpful. Please read my post again, because I asked which Item Design option will make Post Grid look like Kleo Posts.

“I can’t find how to set the display options in Post Grid to deliver the style I want, and the pagination options don’t show the same either.”

I already know to use the Item Design feature to alter Post Grid appearance. Which option will give the same style as Kleo Posts grid view? Please show specific steps.

I don’t want to use the Load More button, I want to use pagination. That was the whole point of this thread.

Post Grid is extremely slow loading and kills my page speed. I don’t want to use Post Grid shortcode at all on my site, but I’m being forced to use it just to get pagination.

For the future: Will you please extend the functionality of Kleo Posts shortcode to include pagination? This is a key feature that is missing. We should have the option to choose between Load More or pagination. Being stuck with only one choice limits the functionality of the theme in a bad way.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

Image 1 is Post Grid – Basic Grid: Default

Image 2 is Kleo Posts – I want this view with pagination.

Radu

Hi,

There is no step by step guide transforming Post Grid into Kleo Posts MAsonry style there are too many dependencies like mobile, tablet and desktop and also the isotope JS that it’s used in masonry style.

Having pagination instead or beside the ajax load more option isn’t available and there is no quick solution for this since requiring significant amount of time to implement that.

I will notify the core developer about this feature.

Best Regards
    Radu

ChefsConnection
    Participant

I understand, thank you. As a loyal Kleo user I can say this is the one thing it needs most.

Radu

Hi,

I will see those days beside the core developer if there exists a quick and reliable way to implement this to can satisfy all customer needs and I will let you know

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?