This topic has 23 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     internetservice
    Participant

hi support, I am now trying to modified the search result in sweetdate. currently here is how it looks like

http://jacobian.xyz/img/search.png

it doesn’t look too good, there are many empty spaces between profiles display there. and I wanted the display to look like this.

http://jacobian.xyz/img/searches.png

any idea how to make the display results more compacted?

Laura

Hello, try by adding this to style.css of child theme 🙂

COPY CODE

#members-list .search-item .avatar {
        width: 283px;
        height: 250px;
    }
    #members-list .search-item .avatar img {
        width: 283px;
        height: 242px;
    }

Let me know if you want to hide the white space ( search body ) below the age

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

internetservice
    Participant

yes can you also remove the white body below the age? I just need the picture to shows so it’ll be much more interactive and compact.

internetservice
    Participant

but I also wanted to make member account to be like below picture. with the photo and their username below it.

dis

how can I change into that? I am guessing it uses css right?

Laura

Hello, i can do a few adjustments to make it look more alike 🙂 Can you share access to wordpress admin dashboard? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

internetservice
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello as you have the name hidden, it doesn’t show at the member page, i can change the colors ans the size of the items but to see the name you need to delete the code to show it

internetservice
    Participant

no, I don’t need the name to show. only the username. the name needs to be hidden so the user can’t search another user on Facebook and they’ll be forced to communicate in my site.

because username can’t really be used to search people on Facebook. that’s why I hid the full name while the username can be shown to another user.

Laura

Hello, i understand, but the usernames are not displayed at the members page only the name is displayed. SO do you want me to style the box without the name then?

internetservice
    Participant

Yes please do that. Without the name would be fine. So long as there’s pictures there and is compacted. 🙂

Laura

Hello, i just changed it 🙂 added this to quick css

COPY CODE

#members-list .search-item .avatar {
        width: 301px !important;
        height: 280px !important;
        margin-top: 0px !important;
        border: none !important;
        border-radius: 0px !important;
    }
    #members-list .search-item .avatar img {
        width: 301px;
        height: 280px !important;
        border-radius: 0px !important;
    }
    .search-item .date, .search-item .date a {
        color: black !important;
        font-weight: 600 !important;
    }
    .search-body {
        display: none !important;
    }
    .search-item {
        margin-top: 10px !important;
    }
    .four.columns {
        padding: 0 6px !important;
    }

internetservice
    Participant

yes, thank you. it looks much better now. but I need to add Ã¥r (years) to the number below the picture so the user will know it’s an age number. where can I put Ã¥r to the number beside it?

år means year in Danish

such as 30 år

Laura

Hello 🙂 Please check https://archived.seventhqueen.com/sweetdate/article/add-profile-information-member-name-members-directory

internetservice
    Participant

yes, I did add this code in functions.php

COPY CODE
    //members page fields 
    add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_member_data');
    function kleo_my_member_data() 
    {
    global $kleo_config;
    //this is the details field, right now it take the "About me" field content 
    $kleo_config['bp_members_details_field'] = 'About me';
    //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there
    $kleo_config['bp_members_loop_meta'] = array(
    'Ã¥r',
    'I am a',
    'Marital status',
    'City'
    );

}

but the members account page info still not changing. the problem is that the word that I am putting is Ã¥r. and that Danish letter of Ã¥ can’t be parsed in PHP. but I think I should put Ã¥r in HTML page as PHP can’t parse that unique letter in danish. what is the HTML file for https://www.dnsj.dk/medlemmer/ though? any idea?

Laura

Hello, its not a word, its the age field name, so if you age field is birthday, then the name there should be birthday

internetservice
    Participant

what did you mean? I still don’t understand?

did you mean I change this code

$kleo_config[‘bp_members_details_field’] = ‘About me’;

into age?

$kleo_config[‘bp_members_details_field’] = ‘age’;

Laura

Hello, to show the age, you need to replace år with the field used for age, when users registers what field they use to put their birthday? the name of that one should be there. Its not the word that will appear, is the field that you want to show there

internetservice
    Participant

so anyway I had solved the år problem by adding this CSS code below.

COPY CODE
    .date:after {
        content: " år";
    }

quite good right? 🙂

so now my next question is how to add city info below the age? what’s the field name for the city to be displayed? after I had the year info then I’d like to add city info also.

Laura

Hello, that was a nice solution! 🙂
    About the city, go to Users > Profile fields and find the city field, then just copy the name of it at the code, for example where I am a is 🙂

internetservice
    Participant

I still don’t understand what you mean. I already found the column of city named Kommune like below screenshot.

city

but how can I put it in the members page as an info? I still didn’t know where is the html page for members?

internetservice
    Participant

I did see kommune data when I am visiting another user profile like this screenshot

kom

but how can I also pull that info and put it in members page?

any idea?

Laura

Hello, just here at the code you added to functions.php

COPY CODE

//members page fields 
    add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_member_data');
    function kleo_my_member_data() 
    {
    global $kleo_config;
    //this is the details field, right now it take the "About me" field content 
    $kleo_config['bp_members_details_field'] = 'About me';
    //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there
    $kleo_config['bp_members_loop_meta'] = array(
    'Ã¥r',
    'I am a',
    'Marital status',
    'Kommune'
    );

}

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

internetservice
    Participant

yes, thank you. work wonderfully. now I understand how it works.

Laura

Great! 😀 glad it worked

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?