This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     superflymarketing
    Participant

Hi guys,

How can we stop people from pressing the like button on a post many times? I’d like it to work so it’s one like per IP address.

How can this be done?

Cheers,

Nick

sharmstr

That would take a complete rewrite. The code as it works now sets a cookie. To limit to ip address, you’d have to write it to the database.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

superflymarketing
    Participant

no problem,

do I have to tick anything in the theme settings for the cookie to work?

Cheers,

Nick

sharmstr

? No. Just turn on likes. If its not working, then maybe you have a conflict somewhere.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

superflymarketing
    Participant

The bug is on your theme demo. if you click multiple times to like a post the number increases. If you click, wait, and click again it doesn’t allow you.

Anyway of fixing this?

sharmstr

Its not really a bug. I doubt that 7th Queen anticipated people going crazy and clicking it multiple times quickly before the code had a chance to finish execution. I’ll assign this to abe to see if they can change the order of the code so that it disables further clicks soon in the code. Thanks.

superflymarketing
    Participant

Yeah that’d be awesome!

If you could let us know what you amend we can implement it.

Cheers,

Nick

sharmstr

I doubt this will be the final code, but you can try this.

Go into theme options > misc and turn on dev mode. Then open up /kleo/assets/js/app.js. Around line 1081 you’ll see the likes function. After if(link.hasClass(‘liked’)) return false; add

COPY CODE

link.addClass('liked');

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that is a good solution until the next update where we have added a fix for that.

Thanks @sharmstr

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Thanks abe!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to reduce likes to one per IP’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?