This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     careeradvisors
    Participant

Hi,  I am interested in using Get Connected but I am not enabling BuddyPress on my site… I don’t need buddypress but I do need a searchable member directory.  (I’d just use the Member Directory with Paid Membership Pro but it’s not searchable).  I watched the tutorial on how to set it up as a home page (I’d actually just set it up as a secondary page) but I don’t see where/how to set up member profile fields?  Can you help direct me?  (I’m not a developer.) . Or do you have an idea of how I can do this easily?

Laura

Hello, but what members plugin will you use?
    If you are not using buddypress, which one?
    Buddypress is the one that has that search, profile fields and members directory
    To do the same but without buddypress you need to fin another plugin that does that
    For example:
    peepso
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/members-list/
    UserPro

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

careeradvisors
    Participant

Hi- Thank you! (I just checked and that particular plug-in looks like it stopped working in the past week or so.) I’m using Paid Memberships Pro as a member management system but don’t love their directory and the lack of search capability… and I don’t like the format of the buddypress one… Get Connected seems better to me. So if I have a member plug-in that captures and creates user profiles, will Get Connected work on the front end? Or does it have to be a specific back-end member/user module to be able to work?

Laura

Hello, get connected is just a homepage, a page with shortcodes, it doesnt change any feature or code. The only thing that wont work is the search form, because it uses buddypress

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?