This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Hi there,

we’re looking for a way to tag a friend in a post, as for example to answer to someone solving his/her problem.

may you help us, please?

in a previous ticket we just talked about the option to deny the use of HTML for all the users but only for moderators and administrator, it is maybe that decision that causes this issue?

Laura

Hello, this is the only thing available for this right now https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/buddypress-photostags-plugin-gives-your-community-friend-tagging-in-photos-just-like-facebook/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

I’m not talking photo tagging, but a simple @ tag.
    I’ve seen that it is possible for users but it would be nice something like Facebook that in a few letters easily find the user nickname. sometimes it is difficult to tag someone because users change their visualized names.
    Is it possible with your theme and bbpress?

Laura

Hello, maybe this helps https://samelh.com/wordpress-plugins/mentions-ajax-dropdown/ (read the description before and make sure it’s what you need) (I did not test it)

The theme is compatible with bbpress 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

i’m wondering if the latest bbpress do not support itself the mentioning sistem as a dropdown.
    we deactivate the html custom text for normal users, but before that it works, where we’re doing something wrong?

Laura

Hello, it might be a conflict then, you might want to deactivate html for users to see if that works or test deactivating some plugins

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

No, we don’t want html in users reply. And this is mandatory. But I read that bbpress already integrate the mentioning system as drop-down. May you have a look in the back end please?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

You can use also this method if you are familiar with the coding

https://buddydev.com/enabling-buddypress-mention-auto-suggestions-on-any-page/

WE cannot cover cusstom implementations like this one

Cheers
    R

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

this tutorial is talking about the mediapress [if( is_user_logged_in() && bp_is_current_component( ‘mediapress’ ) )].
    i’m talking about the normal forum replies and posts. in other words, the normal forum areas.
    Do you have any suggestion?

COPY CODE
    add_filter( 'bp_activity_maybe_load_mentions_scripts', 'buddydev_enable_mention_autosuggestions', 10, 2 );

function buddydev_enable_mention_autosuggestions( $load, $mentions_enabled ) {

if( ! $mentions_enabled ) {
    		return $load;//activity mention is  not enabled, so no need to bother
    	}
    	//modify this condition to suit yours
    	if( is_user_logged_in() && bp_is_current_component( 'mediapress' ) ) {
    		$load = true;
    	}

return $load;
    }
     Radu

No know further suggestion for this, try to search some plugins that allow people tagging if they exist if not ask on wp forums

Cheers
    R

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

But sorry Radu, this is not already implemented in bbpress by default? Why it is not working with the theme now?

Radu

YEs

BBPRESS

BuddyPRESS

If you literally de-activate all plugins except bbpress and buddypress and child theme then empty all caches they will work ?

Make sure to have all updated, theme, plugins.

Cheers
    R

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

how to clean all the caches? so i can make a try.

Radu

Hi,

It’s about browser cache, hold CTRL + SHIFT + R while refresh , do it twice or hold 1-2s with this combination or from browser settings.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?