This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by steve907.

• Author
     steve907
    Participant

I want a slide in menu on the left side. When I activate your side menu, the burger icon shows on the right side, but the menu slides in on the left.

That is not very user friendly. I want the burger icon on the left. I followed the very limited instructions you provide and it did not work at all. No burger icon. No way to open menu.

How do I get a burger icon on the left (prefably attached to the menu.)?

It seems every theme that has a slide in menu has a burger on the same side as the menu. It is standard UX. I suggest you do that same. I can’t use your theme like this 🙁

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can use the side menu on the left or the right, to change where the side menu enters from please go to WP Admin > Theme Options > Side Menu > Option: ‘Side menu position’ and select ‘Right’ to set the side menu to appear from the right (see first screenshot).

If you would like it to appear from the left then set the above option to left and set the toggle in same panel titled ‘Add toggle button on your main menu’ to off. Save your settings, create a custom menu item in your desired menu and add the open-sidebar class to the newly created menu item (see second and third screenshot).

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

You can set the custom menu item to use appear as an icon only by opening the newly created custom menu item, selecting an icon and then select ‘Just the icon’ from the drop down menu.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

steve907
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response and screen shots. My settings already match that EXACTLY. Like I said, I read the limited instructions.

I want burger icon on LEFT, that is all I want. Such a simple thing. The menu is on the left. So, that is where the burger icon should be.

But the burger icon only goes on RIGHT or DISAPPEARS altogether.

See this video: https://youtu.be/XkClRNGIqFk

I have pasted you code everywhere, in every possible variation (without the class=. in quotes, without quotes, in the css, in the title…. ugh.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Just to confirm you sent me the correct video and this is the domain in question featured? If so that site is using Avada and not KLEO (see screenshot).

If this is not the case please update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials and URL for the site in question.

Thanks,

Kieran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     steve907
    Participant

Sorry, in my rush I uploaded the wrong video.

here is your video – https://youtu.be/fFmsydZMkvk

I can’t give you admin access because the site is being built on localhost.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Several issues here in the video, please address the below

– Set the toggle ‘Add toggle button on your main menu’ to off to turn off the automatic adding of the toggle to the end of the main menu
    – Assign the custom menu item to your main menu and not the side menu
    – You added class=open-sidebar to title attribute whereas you should enter open-sidebar in the class field
    – Your main menu is right aligned not left aligned as described, there is no menu to the left of the logo when you use a right aligned menu therefore it cannot be added there automatically

If you wish to have the custom menu item left of the main logo whilst using the right aligned main menu you will need to make changes to the theme, if you wish to do this please do the following

Copy the below file from your KLEO theme folder to the KLEO Child theme folder, create the /page-parts/ directory in the KLEO Child theme if it does not already exist

/wp-content/themes/kleo/page-parts/general-header-section.php

Once you have copied this across you can edit the general-header-section.php file in your KLEO Child theme. Add this directly below line 151 where you see the strong tag

<a title="Open Sidemenu" class="open-sidebar" href="#" style="line-height: 88px;"><i class="icon-align-justify"></i></a>

Save your changes and then add the below CSS to your KLEO Child theme’s style.css – this CSS cleans up the area a little for the new element.

COPY CODE
    .logo i.icon-align-justify {padding-right: 5px;}
    .navbar-header .logo {display: -webkit-inline-box;}

Clear your website cache, CDN and your local cache (Ctrl+F5) to see the changes.

Kieran.

steve907
    Participant

Please note, I made the video short but I assure you I have tried everything you are telling me to do (except for this custom code.)

– Set the toggle ‘Add toggle button on your main menu’ to off to turn off the automatic adding of the toggle to the end of the main menu

I have done that. In the video I may have had it one, but I am not a newbie. I of course tried turning it off. It just make the icon disappear.

– Assign the custom menu item to your main menu and not the side menu

Yup, I tried that as well. It does nothing.

– You added class=open-sidebar to title attribute whereas you should enter open-sidebar in the class field

THe instructions in your theme literally say to add “class=open-sidebar” to the title attribute. I thought that was wrong too, so I did just add “open-sidebar”. This doesn’t do anything.

– Your main menu is right aligned not left aligned as described, there is no menu to the left of the logo when you use a right aligned menu therefore it cannot be added there automatically

Yes, I know my menu is aligned left. I don’t want a menu to the left of the logo. I want a SIDE MENU on the LEFT SIDE.

If you wish to have the custom menu item left of the main logo whilst using the right aligned main menu you will need to make changes to the theme, if you wish to do this please do the following

I just want a SIDE MENU to open on the LEFT SIDE. That is easy. The problem is your BURGER ICON only seems to appear on the right of the menu. I want the BURGER ICON to be on the left. I have never seen a burger icon on the opposite side of the page from the menu it opens. That makes no sense.

I give up. Either you have no idea what I want or your theme doesn’t do it.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The class will open the side menu whether applied to an element in the body or applied to an item in the main menu.

If you do not want to add it to a main menu custom menu item using the options I have described above and you do not like the solution that I have offered you in code then you will need to find a developer to assist with your custom development of KLEO.

Thanks,

Kieran.

steve907
    Participant

Thanks. It just does not function the way I expected, want or need. I appreciate the help. You can close this ticket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?