This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     musact
    Participant

Hello, I’m looking for help on what code to add to the child theme to get the ‘text field’ (I mean the color of the text when someone inputs text in a box) color to change. Right now my text I think is showing up as #bbb, accordion to my inspect element.
    Thanks!

PS You guys have made an amazing theme, overall it works excellently, and you did a great job of formatting text in buddy press, bbpress and woo commerce. Thank You.

sharmstr

There’s actually several places. Search box is one color, activity is another. But for the most part they should all be #444444 by default.

Try this

COPY CODE

.standard-form input[type=text] {
    color: #444444;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

musact
    Participant

Cool, I guess I should have said that this is for the Contact Form 7 form. The stuff I saw on the wordpress.org forums said that this code was handled by the theme.
    I added that code you just provided to the child theme, and it didn’t make the change of color in the Contact Form 7 text field.

sharmstr

whoop

COPY CODE

.wpcf7 input[type="text"], .wpcf7 input[type="email"], .wpcf7 input[type="password"] {
    color: YesYouShouldHaveMentionedThat;
    }

🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

ooops

and you’ll need this as well

COPY CODE

.wpcf7 textarea {
    }

Let me know if I missed anything else.

sharmstr

Me again, I think this might be better and catch any ‘type’ of input…

COPY CODE

.wpcf7 textarea, .wpcf7 input[type] {
    }

Sorry for all the answers.

musact
    Participant

Woot!
    That did it.
    I also added .wpcf7 input[type=”name”], .wpcf7 input[type=”subject”] to change those fields.
    Thanksthanksthanks!

musact
    Participant
    COPY CODE

.wpcf7 textarea, .wpcf7 input[type] {
    }

This code works perfectly on all the fields! I won’t use the other stuff.
    Thanks!

sharmstr

*hive five*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?