This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by fitnotesguy.

• Author
     fitnotesguy
    Participant

Greetings:

For the past few days, I have been all of a sudden been having difficulty writing new posts for my blog. At first, I thought it was a hosting issue, but when I contacted my hosting provider, we discovered that it was indeed the KLEO theme itself. Basically what is occurring, is that I for some reason cannot post ANYTHING on my site while the theme is running. Pretty much what I am getting is when I go to type in a new post, I can type the title of the post just fine, but when I go to type in the body of the post, the text box just highlights blue, (although in the screen shot I am showing you the shade turned out gray), and I can’t type anything. Not only that, I can’t upload any media, or press any buttons pertaining to creating or editing a post. On the flip side of that, when the GO Daddy rep deactivated KLEO, and applied a default WordPress theme, everything worked just fine. He then informed me that there is a bug with the theme itself, or some updates were made on installed plugins within the last 72 hours which are now conflicting with the theme. I have tried and repeated this process on 4 separate computers, and on three different administrative user accounts, and the result is still the same. I could really use some assistance here, because in order to create another post I have to activate another theme (like TWENTY-FOURTEEN) write the post, and then reactivate KLEO. I am so confused. Are there any answers out there? Here is a link to a screenshot of the issue: This is what I am getting when I try to post anything on my site. My website is at http://www.TheFitNotes.com

fitnotesguy
    Participant

It looks like the screen shot did not post, so here is a link to the screenshot instead.

sharmstr

You are running a very old version of Kleo. Upgrade to the latest and see if that solves your issue.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

granttj
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue going on for about a month and am updated to the latest on everything. Same thing happens when I go to update a post, page or new product. Here’s the kicker… it doesn’t happen every time. If I disable all of my plugins it will work with the KLEO theme. If I enable 2014 then everything works every time. Enable the plugins with the KLEO theme… it breaks. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

fitnotesguy
    Participant

How do I upgrade KLEO? Do I do it from my dashboard?

sharmstr

There’s a sticky for that: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

You’ll have to FTP it since the version you’re running is so old now and the auto update code has changed.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

fitnotesguy
    Participant

A sticky? What’s that? I know this probably sounds silly to you all, but I am a blogger, not a web developer, so I am very confused about all of this. Where do I find my server? Is it in my website’s dashboard? Where can I find these settings you’ve mentioned so that I can implement these changes?

sharmstr

A sticky topic on the front of this forum. See attached.

Contact your hosting company for assistance with FTPing files to your server.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     fitnotesguy
    Participant

Oh okay got it. Thank you. I will update after I contact my hosting services.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?