This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     thomas
    Participant

Hello

I have installed the theme and b2b testet it with some friends and I think everything is up and running. But in the pictures of this theme on themeforest i saw that some futures was diferent for what I have listed.

Example, the information about the profile comes up in a own section under the profile picture. ON Themeforest, this information was in the “blue box” beside the profile avatar picture. And so on.

Can someone please look at silkedate.no and maybe give me some heads up?

I have also wrotet the php files in my language, so bear with me 🙂

Thomas

thomas
    Participant

Here is the picture from the themeforest promo pictures of this theme that I cant get to work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     thomas
    Participant

Some of my problems

Picture 1
    Show some text under the profile picture.
    I dont have that on my site 🙁

Picture 2
    Shows a pink button on the new page site.
    I dont have that button 🙁

Picture 3
    Match compability is 50% on all profiles, why?
    Alaso, i dont get the pictures and profile information on the right side of the profile picture, i get in under in the standard buddypress setup look a like (boring) 🙁

Picture 4
    Something like the text to pic 3

Picture 5
    Also to the pic 3 text

Pitcture 6
    About this facebook thing. I got in up and running, no problem, but the full name will come up, and some members will not like that i think. How to just get the first name?

Laura

Hello, i will answer soon with each solution of your problem, thanks for contacting us 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Laura

Hello, here are the solutions:
    1. You need to add this code to your functions.php in child theme folder then customize it with your fields

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_member_data');
    function kleo_my_member_data() 
    {
        global $kleo_config;
        //this is the details field, right now it take the "About me" field content 
        $kleo_config['bp_members_details_field'] = 'About Me';
        //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there
        $kleo_config['bp_members_loop_meta'] = array(
            'I am a',
    		'Marital Status',
            'City',

);
    }

2. Be sure you have the last update of sweetdate (2.7)
    It should be a button called SHORTCODES instead of the pink one.

3. For match compability you need to customize your match system with the fields you want and the point they give, follow the instructions on the code:

COPY CODE

//change matching system
    add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_match');
    function kleo_my_match() {
    global $kleo_config;
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['starting_score'] = 1;
    //If we want to match by members sex. values: 0|1
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match'] = 0;
    //single value fields like select, textbox,radio
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['single_value'] = array (
        'Marital status' => 5,
        'Sect' => 5,
        'Age' => 5,
        'City' => 2,
        'Country' => 5,
    );
    //multiple values fields like multiple select or checkbox
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['multiple_values'] = array (
        'Interests' => 10,
        'Looking for' => 10,
    );
    }

3.5 For the profile tabs use this code but with the group of fields that you have, just follow the instructions here:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-tabs-next-to-profile-image-extended

4. Sorry i did not understand this point.

5. In point 3.5

6. Will answer soon

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

thomas
    Participant

Hello

I havent installed the child theme, should I do that? I just intalled the “standard” theme and “ignored” the child theme.

😛 bad of me?

thomas
    Participant

CASE 1

Can i just paste this code in the func file in the standard theme, ore should i install the child theme, use that as “main” (i dont hope that) and then paste the code in there?

Case 2

Yes i have shortcodes and not the pink 🙂

Case 3

Do you have some more tips about where to install this/paste it in? Also DO I need the child theme or is it ok to go forward with the standard instalation I have now.

Case 4 and 5 (we end that)

Case 6

I be waiting 🙂

Laura

Hello,
    1. If you dont use child theme, when you update sweetdate, all customization will be lost, child theme is the base for all custom codes. Needs to be installed and activated.

2. Awesome! 🙂

3. Child theme is needed, nobody would suggest using just standard, remember, child theme needs to be installed and activated.

4. –

5. –

6. Still working on that, thanks for waiting! 🙂

thomas
    Participant

Thank you

1. I have now installed the child-theme, the interesting part is that nothing have changed when i activated it, so thats great 🙂 BUT when I download and should install a new version. How do I do that. Isnt the activated theme that is the “master” or do the “standard” version working in the background?
    I really dont understand this child and not child consept :p

Laura

Hello, when you do a change, do it in child theme, because child overrides the standard, so, for example, you have style.css changed in child theme, to make… the form background to blue. So if the theme updates and changes the form color to yellow, you will see it blue.

thomas
    Participant

I have uodatet all the themes and go into the child theme and added the code (1)

But i get this error message

/** add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_member_data’); function kleo_my_member_data() { global $kleo_config; //this is the details field, right now it take the “About me” field content $kleo_config[‘bp_members_details_field’] = ‘Om meg’; //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there $kleo_config[‘bp_members_loop_meta’] = array( ‘I am a’, ‘Marital Status’, ‘City’, ); } */

thomas
    Participant

and also, i dont get my profile to look like it should, everything is just like a buddypress opsett and not like the pictures. Se here 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, can you share with me your functions.php in a text file? and btw, the photo looks as it should, what is wrong with it?

Laura

Hello, is this resolved?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?