This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     linkpoin2
    Participant

hi, maybe you can help.

i installed two plugins and they have the same circle icon.  to make this different, for simple invite in my member menu the default icon is “Panorama fisheye” and the empty circle.   I would like to have that one instead another icon which was installed with the theme (like a mailbox? or person?).  how can I easily change this in the CSS so it is unique to the Invite Anyone plugin…. it is ok if another plugin is the Panorama-fisheye… just not two items the same icon.  🙂

thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, you can do it with css, but, it would be easier if i could access your site, if its not possible, let me know how to recreate it myself so i can give you a working code 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

linkpoin2
    Participant

sure thing, if you just install any BP plugin (i.e. wordpress.org/plugins/invite-anyone/) then there is no icon for it in the menu within the theme on the person profile or dropdown. just the default hollow circle looking icon beside the plugin title.

just need quick fix to change that icon to something else for each plugin so more nice looking icons. 🙂

linkpoin2
    Participant

and as more information. In the attached you see from those plugins in your theme, the standard icon is the ” O ” but would like to make #1 and #2 different

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, well, as i cant access your site, i will try to explain how to do this:
    At your website, right click the icon you want to change, (using google chrome) and click Inspect Element
    You should see something like < i class=”icon……..”>
    Copy what its inside the class “copy this”
    And go to style.css of child theme
    Add this

COPY CODE

i.THE CLASS HERE:before {
        content: "\e817" !important;
    }

The content code is the icon, you can find icon codes here https://icomoon.io/app/#/select (they may not be the same)

For the fisheye icon use this

COPY CODE

i.icon-panorama-fisheye:before {
        content: "\e902" !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

linkpoin2
    Participant

hi, when I changed that, it changed all the fisheye icons. I was trying to change an icon for plugins so they are EACH different (that seem to have a standard icon being the fisheye)

Laura

Hello, so you need an icon for sites and files?
    Tell me the plugins names and what icon do you want 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?