This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: 

ABC
    Participant

As an existing customer (KLEO THEME) I am seriously thinking about BuddyApp for another site. However, as a non-experienced coder what concerns me the most is the following:

On the BuddyApp Demo, when you click on any of the groups, the description is in white text, most of which is illegible as the background image for the Group clashes with the text. Users will wish to upload the most suitable background image for their Group – so how then to make the ‘Group Description’ clearer to read?

Obviously different background images will effect how easily the description can be read/seen. There is little point in changing the Theme default text colours as each background image is going to mess things up differently.

Therefore; is there a way to ‘overlay’ the Group Descriptions with its own semi-transparent block (say, grey block with white text) which when placed over the background image will make everything much easier to read?

1. See problem in First attachment screenshot

2. See better design in Second screenshot.

Feedback would be great, thank you.

ABC
    Participant

As an existing customer (KLEO THEME) I am seriously thinking about BuddyApp for another site. However, as a non-experienced coder what concerns me the most is the following:

On the BuddyApp Demo, when you click on any of the groups, the description is in white text, most of which is illegible as the background image for the Group clashes with the text. Users will wish to upload the most suitable background image for their Group – so how then to make the ‘Group Description’ clearer to read?

Obviously different background images will effect how easily the description can be read/seen. There is little point in changing the Theme default text colours as each background image is going to mess things up differently.

Therefore; is there a way to ‘overlay’ the Group Descriptions with its own semi-transparent block (say, grey block with white text) which when placed over the background image will make everything much easier to read?

1. See problem in First attachment screenshot

2. See better design in Second screenshot.

Feedback would be great, thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Easily done.

An earlier version has a gradient overlay. Not sure why they got rid of it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ABC
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

All my ‘waffle’ and you sum it up in 2 Words! – ‘Gradient Overlay’ 🙂

I’m glad you agree. There’s little point in keeping a design so ‘clean’ that you can’t see what’s written! At the end of the day it’s all about functionality & usability.

I assume that ‘gradient overlay’ is a design element I can ‘turn on’ in theme settings?

Just confirm/point me in the right direction and I’ll be getting my Credit Card out TOADY!

Thanks as always for your stellar response times.
    Regards, Andrew.

sharmstr

Its not in theme settings. But you can do what I did in the image above with 1 line of css.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ABC
    Participant

Just to clarify.

Can this ‘one line of CSS‘ be added to a child theme (if BuddyApp even has a child theme?) so it can be a site-wide modification?

+ I assume you’ll let me know what the CSS is once I’ve purchased the Theme?? 🙂 🙂

sharmstr

As I thought, the group and profile covers used to have gradients. They removed them from the directories because they weren’t really needed. In doing so, they also removed them from the group and profile pages. They will be fixing that.

To answer your question about css modifications, just like Kleo, you can put them in a child theme or in qucik css in theme options.

ABC
    Participant

OK great. I am happy with that. However, to fully answer my query – I assume you can provide the CSS needed to add to the child theme – until the next update fixes it?

I am sure other users would appreciate you publishing the CSS to fix this. Thank you.

sharmstr

I purposely didnt give it to you because it will clash with the fix that they will be releasing. So, remember to remove this

COPY CODE

#buddypress div#item-header div#item-header-content { background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); }

ABC
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Thanks for this. I will add it to Child Theme and make a note to remove it prior to the next update.
    Thank you for your assistance. 5* service as per usual.
    Brilliant.

sharmstr

You’re welcome. Enjoy Buddyapp. 🙂

ABC
    Participant

Just thought I would let you know that your feedback encouraged me to buy the Theme, which is now installed. Your FIX works great.

Perfect assistance!

Thanks [once again] Sharmstr.

sharmstr

Great! You’re welcome.

ABC
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Although this fix works on my buddyapp site, I can’t seem to get it to work on my Kleo site?
    Can you reconfirm what I need to do to add the overlay to the group description(s) as I don’t think its been address in any update yet?

Please advise CSS & where to add it (child theme etc.)
    Many thanks as always,
    Andrew

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, the css should be somehow the same:

COPY CODE

.buddypress div#item-header div#item-header-content {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ABC
    Participant

You are indeed correct Abe (as always!)
    I must have copy/pasted the css incorrectly somehow, as by copying it from your reply made it all work perfectly when pasted into Child CSS.

I remain extremely grateful. Over the last year the SQ support here has been exceptional.
    You must get frustrated sometimes with inexperienced users (like me) but I have learned a lot already, and I think this fix in particular is a very useful issue to highlight for the benefit of others etc.

Keep up the great work. It’s almost time for me to put my hand in pockets and pay for extended support! I assume this can be done easily via ThemeForest or the SQ website, yes?
    Kindest regards,

Andrew

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that and thanks for the nice words 🙂

Until we add a VIP support option you can buy us a beer from this link https://archived.seventhqueen.com/buy-us-a-beer

All the best

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?