This topic has 27 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     unimagined
    Participant

Image thumbnails are not showing anymore after my last update. http://screencast.com/t/LlClGov7

Radu

Hi,

Please disable all plugins and check after, if the issue disappears enable plugins back one by one to identify what causes this.

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     unimagined
    Participant

I already did these and everything remained the same.

Radu

If you don’t get an error please set WP_DEBUG to TRUE in wp-config.php and view again that page and let me know if some errors appears.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     unimagined
    Participant

I did… nothing appaers

Radu

Hi,

I need ftp details to try to debug this

Cheers

Radu

unimagined
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     unimagined
    Participant

I sent you the credentials.

d_enajetic
    Participant

I’m having the same issues. Just replying to follow and hopefully see a solution.

Like Unimagined, the thumbnails from all of my posts disappeared after the update. In case it needs to be said, they’re missing in my custom VC Post Grid.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     unimagined
    Participant

Exactly, I’ve used also the VC Post Grid.

Radu

Hi guys,

After 1 hour of debugging i’ve figured out what is the problem.

It’s permission issue, in your case @unimagined the server doesn’t have permissions to create a new folder in uploads folder, i’ve created manually 2016 folder and i’ve set 777 for that.

@d_enajetic
    try to upload an image to media to see if you can do this, if nope please review the folder permissions.

Cheers

RAdu

d_enajetic
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    I went through my control panel and found the uploads folder. There is a 2016 folder as well as other years dating back to 2012. All were set to 755. I changed the 2016 & 2015 to 777, but nothing has changed. I even uploaded a new pic in hopes it would trigger it, but nothing happens. Any other suggestions?

Radu

Hi d_enajetic,

Can you please provide credentials to check ? and also the page url where the screnshot was taken : https://cdn.seventhqueen.com/sq-support/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/missing-thumbnails.jpg

Cheers

Radu

d_enajetic
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Your issue is not similar to unimagined,on your page the images are there in SRC=”” tags, please disable mod_pagespeed, pagespeed can causes this.

Let me know

Cheers

d_enajetic
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    Not sure why it was on, because everything is handled through Cloudflare. I’ve turned it off, cleared the cache and nothing has changed.

Radu

If you disable plugins except visual composer,k-elements,buddypress and woocommerce the items will load properly ?

d_enajetic
    Participant

Just disabled everything but those plugins. Unfortunately, nothing changes.

d_enajetic
    Participant

I just re-enabled everything and made the site public again. If needed, you have my permission to go in and put it in maintenance mode. I’m already logged in.

Radu
     d_enajetic
    Participant

So basically you’re telling me that VC custom templates don’t work anymore. If I switch to one of the default templates, they work, but I don’t care for their look. I even built a new template to see if it works, but no luck. I’ve also deactivated the theme and all of it’s plugins, re-uploaded and reactivated them, but nothing has changed. My site has been built around these custom templates that no longer work after the upgrade. Changing the template is simply not the answer.

The same issues affects a site I’m building for a client. (yes he has his own license) I’d really appreciate a solution to this.

d_enajetic
    Participant

To add to that info, the test (dummy) image is not showing in the VC Grid Builder either.

d_enajetic
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    I couldn’t take it anymore and rolled back to the 3.1.3 release. Everything works fine now. From the looks of it, it’s not on you, it’s definitely something with VC because it’s screwing up my Buddypress installation as well. I’ll stay on this version until there’s an update that’s flaweless.

Thanks for all of your help.

Radu

You’re welcome

We will see in next vc update how things work

Cheers

Radu

dintan
    Participant

Hi all, my thumbnail is missing also, is the cause the same as d_enajetic?

http://knowledgetransfer.toa.edu.my/

Radu

Hi dintan,

Please update the theme to latest version 4.0.4 and the afferent plugins, you can check the plugin update status from wp-admin -> appearance -> install plugins. If this is useless please follow these steps to enable wp debug:

•  Connect to your server by FTP
    • Look in root directory of your WordPress install and open wp-config.php
    • Search for define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); and change FALSE value to TRUE

COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

•   After this line add this:

COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

WP_DEBUG_LOG is a companion to WP_DEBUG that causes all errors to also be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. This is useful if you want to review all notices later or need to view notices generated off-screen (e.g. during an AJAX request or wp-cron run). Repeat the described actions and then check the debug.log file and let me know what error appears. If this is useless please try to deactivate additional plugins except Visual Composer, K-elements, BuddyPress, Paid memberships pro and revolution slider. After you have disabled the plugins try to see if the error persists.

Cheers

dintan
    Participant

Thank you Radu 🙂

Radu

So, can i mark the topic as resolved ? your issue was fixed by applying the theme &plugins update ?

Cheers

Radu

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?