This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years by infodale.

• Author
     infodale
    Participant

Hello,
    I have tried to import the fields from my profile and I can not do it (see screenshot). When entering the registration page the fields do not appear to be able to fill them out and register. How can i fix this? Buddypress is installed and supposedly working, although it seems that not 100%.

I have uninstalled the Plugin and reinstalled it, but everything remains the same.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out about the BuddyPress profile field import issue you’re experiencing. Can you please try going to WP Admin > Users > Profile Fields and checking to see if the fields did actually import or not.

In some cases an error is returned if they have already been imported. If they have not been imported you will see only one field. If they have been imported you will have several profile field groups and profile fields.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

infodale
    Participant

Hello,
    Thanks for your help. I will try to be as clear as possible in the problem that I have.

-I am working with the theme Sweetdate, the system to create web portals for online dating.
    – I have reviewed the Profile fields as you requested and they are all sorted according to the groups that I have created.

Well, my problem is this:
    The Sweetdate Template always shows two buttons on the top right, one to log in and another to subscribe. When I log in, I have no problem. But when I want to subscribe, I press the corresponding button and the small basic subscription form of sweetdate appears, after filling in the three data that it asks for (they are not the basic data that I created in my profile fields group), it redirects me to my subscription page personal and in it the form does not appear with all the data that I have created in the profile fields.

As you will understand, in an online dating website there are usually many questions to ask the person who is registering (own words, physical, etc.)

I have pasted the buddypress shortcode “Register form” on my registration page but it is the same, the form or the forms I need never appear.

I will be very grateful if you will help me in this matter that has me worried.
    Thank you very much for your understanding and help,
    Aurelio.

Kieran_SQ

Hi Aurelio,

The register modal that is triggered from the buttons at the top handles the basic data and then passes this to /register/ page. Users will be able to fill out the required basic fields on this page, as well as any fields that you have placed in the base profile field group and set to required, then they can submit the form to process the registration.

Fields that are required but placed in a profile field group other than the base group will not be shown on registration. This is the default behavior of BuddyPress and will function the same on any theme.

You should place any fields that you require to be filled out on signup in the base field so that they appear in the /register/ page.

The SweetDate register shortcode renders the WordPress registration form and will therefore only output the fields required by WordPress to register a user.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Kieran_SQ

Note: I just checked your site and it looks like you have not enabled registration under WP Admin > Settings > General > Enable Registration. Please enable this to render the register page.

If after enabling this the standard form is not output then please update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials so I can look into this for you.

infodale
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

1. Your registration page isn’t working like it should, I can see it is assigned properly in Settings > BuddyPress but the BuddyPress content is not being rendered therefore you will not be able to register. I will have to refer this to a higher support level for review. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

2. Unfortunately this is the way that BuddyPress works and this is no standard way to manipulate the fields you wish to include other than the base group.

3. You can try the following plugins for other registration options

https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-bp-registration/
    https://themekraft.com/buddyforms/

I would advise waiting to try any of other options until the issue from 1 can be addressed

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

infodale
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,
    We cannot offer consultancy for the clients that ask and compare our products with the competitors themes, personally i don’t know in depth competitor themes to can make a advise for you.

So my personal advice it’s to take a sufficient time to test exactly what you need on both products and draw a conclusion.

From what i know kleo wins a contest for best community theme in the past.

Cheers
    R

infodale
    Participant

Good morning!!

In August 14, 2018 at 01:50 I received ticket #206305 from
    Kieran. He told me “Your registration page isn’t working like it should, I can see it is assigned properly in Settings > BuddyPress but the BuddyPress content is not being rendered therefore you will not be able to register. I will have to refer this to a higher support level for review. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.”

Well, I did not get any more help to solve the incovenient. I can’t work until now. Can you help me please?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, you have Maintainance mode enabled now on the site. It could be the reason for your error. A blank Register page must be set in Wp admin – Settings – BuddyPress – Pages for the Register flow to work.

I tried to login and check but the pass is no longer correct.

Let me know

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

infodale
    Participant

Hello!

The problem had been resolved, thank you very much.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?