This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: 

logobby
    Participant

Hello,

We’ve tried to improve the registration page of our website, but we meet some problems.

We want to have an inscription that is divided in several parts (steps) like when we edit the profile after the inscription.

Here is the link of the related page http://**/register

The addition of steps works well but we’ve realized that there were required fields that they have not taken into account (It means that we can move to the next step without even fill them).

Our developer has tried to ensure, that fields that we add in the back office and that we put in required mode are taken into account in the registration page. It works enough well, but…

The problem now, is that we notice that the Tabs that we have translated in French have doubled in English in the Back Office. And apart from that there are fields in the French Tabs that they are doubled and that they cannot be deleted.

And one last thing, concerning the fields of the form of the first step (the left one with the password etc.) suddenly, they are not (after the changes) in red color, whether someone does not fill them.

Our developer does not know where the problem comes from.

The only plugin that we added recently is this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/iwp-client/

Let me know if you need to access to the FTP.

Hope you will be able to help us.

Best regards,

Sam

logobby
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     logobby
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

logobby
    Participant

Thanks

Andrei

Hi @logobby, unfortunately we cannot offer support for such kind of modifications, for custom registration pages I would better recommend using a plugin such as http://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/user-registration/ or something similar.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     logobby
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for your suggestion but I searched a lot and I found where the problem come from so if you have an idea how to fix it I will be very happy.

When I instal the Polylang plugin to translate the strings, all the input types (except the Number, Text Box and URL input type ) that I assign to required doesn’t working (they don’t be in red color).
    And if I deactivate the plugin, all it’s working well.

An idea?

Regards,

Andrei

Hi

I’m sorry but you have a custom case and will require inspecting and debugging what your other developer did.

I recommend you to hire someone capable to finish the job.

logobby
    Participant

Hi Andrei,

Can’t you check this code? Because the problem come from this code. It’s the custom code for the register.php file.
    If I putting back the original code I don’t have the problem with the required inputs.
    Someone told me that it’s comes from this line that I repeat to each end step
    <?php $fields_ids_1[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>

This is the code I have today on the register.php page:

COPY CODE
    <?php get_header( 'buddypress' ); ?>

<!-- MAIN SECTION
    ================================================ -->
    <section>
        <div id="main">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="twelve columns">

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_register_page' ); ?>

<div id="register-page">

<form action="" name="signup_form" id="signup_form" class="standard-form custom" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<?php if ( 'registration-disabled' == bp_get_current_signup_step() ) : ?>
    				<?php do_action( 'template_notices' ); ?>
    				<?php do_action( 'bp_before_registration_disabled' ); ?>

<p><?php _e( 'User registration is currently not allowed.', 'buddypress' ); ?></p>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_registration_disabled' ); ?>
    			<?php endif; // registration-disabled signup setp ?>

<?php if ( 'request-details' == bp_get_current_signup_step() ) : ?>
          <div class="row">
              <div class="twelve columns">
                  <h2 class="article-title text-center"><?php _e( 'Create an Account', 'buddypress' ); ?></h2>
              </div><!--end twelve-->                                        
          </div>  		
          <p class="lead"><?php _e( 'Registering for this site is easy. Just fill in the fields below, and we\'ll get a new account set up for you in no time.', 'buddypress' ); ?></p>
          <br/><br/>

<!-- start multistep -->
          <dl class="tabs signup-steps">
            <dd class="active"><a href="#step1">Account & Profile Details</a></dd>
            <dd><a href="#step2">Myself Summary & Looking For</a></dd>
            <dd><a href="#step3">Lifestyle & Physical</a></dd>
          </dl>
          <ul class="tabs-content">
            <li id="step1Tab" class="active">

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_account_details_fields' ); ?>
                  <div class="row">
            				<div class="register-section six columns" id="basic-details-section">

<?php /***** Basic Account Details ******/ ?>

<h4><i class="fa fa-user-plus"></i> <?php _e( 'Account Details', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
                                <br>
            					<label for="signup_username"><?php _e( 'Username', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
            					<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_username_errors' ); ?>
            					<input type="text" name="signup_username" id="signup_username" value="<?php bp_signup_username_value(); ?>" />

<label for="signup_email"><?php _e( 'Email Address', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
            					<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_email_errors' ); ?>
            					<input type="text" name="signup_email" id="signup_email" value="<?php bp_signup_email_value(); ?>" />

<label for="signup_password"><?php _e( 'Choose a Password', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
            					<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_password_errors' ); ?>
            					<input type="password" name="signup_password" id="signup_password" value="<?php bp_signup_password_value(); ?>" class="password-entry" />
                                <div id="pass-strength-result"></div>

<label for="signup_password_confirm"><?php _e( 'Confirm Password', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
            					<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_password_confirm_errors' ); ?>
            					<input type="password" name="signup_password_confirm" id="signup_password_confirm" value="<?php bp_signup_password_confirm_value(); ?>" class="password-entry-confirm" />
                                <br><br>
            				</div><!-- #basic-details-section -->

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_account_details_fields' ); ?>

<?php /***** Extra Profile Details ******/ ?>

<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_signup_profile_fields' ); ?>

<div class="register-section six columns" id="profile-details-section">

<h4><i class="icon icon-user"></i> <?php _e( 'Profile Details', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
            						<br>
            						<?php /* Use the profile field loop to render input fields for the 'base' profile field group */ ?>
            						<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=1' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<?php while ( bp_profile_fields() ) : bp_the_profile_field(); ?>
            						<div class="<?php if('selectbox' == bp_get_the_profile_field_type() || 'multiselectbox' == bp_get_the_profile_field_type() ) echo 'six'; else echo 'twelve';?> columns">
                                        <div<?php bp_field_css_class( 'editfield' ); ?>>

<?php
            								$field_type = bp_xprofile_create_field_type( bp_get_the_profile_field_type() );
            								$field_type->edit_field_html();

do_action( 'bp_custom_profile_edit_fields_pre_visibility' );

if ( bp_current_user_can( 'bp_xprofile_change_field_visibility' ) ) : ?>
            									<p class="field-visibility-settings-toggle" id="field-visibility-settings-toggle-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<?php printf( __( 'This field can be seen by: <span class="current-visibility-level">%s</span>', 'buddypress' ), bp_get_the_profile_field_visibility_level_label() ) ?> <a href="#" class="visibility-toggle-link"><?php _ex( 'Change', 'Change profile field visibility level', 'buddypress' ); ?></a>
            									</p>

<div class="field-visibility-settings" id="field-visibility-settings-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<fieldset>
            											<legend><?php _e( 'Who can see this field?', 'buddypress' ) ?></legend>

<?php bp_profile_visibility_radio_buttons() ?>

</fieldset>
            										<a class="field-visibility-settings-close" href="#"><?php _e( 'Close', 'buddypress' ) ?></a>

</div>
            								<?php else : ?>
            									<p class="field-visibility-settings-notoggle" id="field-visibility-settings-toggle-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<?php printf( __( 'This field can be seen by: <span class="current-visibility-level">%s</span>', 'buddypress' ), bp_get_the_profile_field_visibility_level_label() ) ?>
            									</p>
            								<?php endif ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_custom_profile_edit_fields' ); ?>

<p class="description"><?php bp_the_profile_field_description(); ?></p>

</div>
            						</div>
            						<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php $fields_ids_1[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>

<?php endwhile; endif; endif; ?>

</div><!-- #profile-details-section -->
            	     </div>
                   <?php do_action( 'bp_after_signup_profile_fields' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<dl class="tabs next-step">
                <dd><a class="button radius" href="#step2">Next Step <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i></a></dd>
              </dl>

</li>
            <li id="step2Tab">             				

<div class="register-section six columns" id="myself-details-section">

<h4><i class="icon icon-comment"></i> <?php _e( 'Myself Summary', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
            						<br>
            						<?php /* Use the profile field loop to render input fields for the 'base' profile field group */ ?>
            						<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=2' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<div class="<?php if('selectbox' == bp_get_the_profile_field_type() || 'multiselectbox' == bp_get_the_profile_field_type() ) echo 'six'; else echo 'twelve';?> columns">

<?php

<p class="field-visibility-settings-toggle" id="field-visibility-settings-toggle-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<?php printf( __( 'This field can be seen by: <span class="current-visibility-level">%s</span>', 'buddypress' ), bp_get_the_profile_field_visibility_level_label() ) ?> <a href="#" class="visibility-toggle-link"><?php _ex( 'Change', 'Change profile field visibility level', 'buddypress' ); ?></a>
            									</p>

<div class="field-visibility-settings" id="field-visibility-settings-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<fieldset>

</fieldset>
            										<a class="field-visibility-settings-close" href="#"><?php _e( 'Close', 'buddypress' ) ?></a>

</div>
            									<p class="field-visibility-settings-notoggle" id="field-visibility-settings-toggle-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id() ?>">
            										<?php printf( __( 'This field can be seen by: <span class="current-visibility-level">%s</span>', 'buddypress' ), bp_get_the_profile_field_visibility_level_label() ) ?>
            									</p>
            								<?php endif ?>

</div>
            						</div>
            						<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php $fields_ids_2[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>

<div class="register-section six columns" id="looking-details-section">

<h4><i class="fa fa-venus-mars"></i> <?php _e( 'Looking for', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
            						<br>
            						<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=3' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<?php

</p>

<fieldset>

</fieldset>

</div>
            									</p>
            								<?php endif ?>

</div>
            						</div>
            						<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php $fields_ids_3[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>

<?php endif; ?>

<dl class="tabs next-step">
                <dd><a class="button radius" href="#step3">Next Step <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i></a></dd>
              </dl>

</li>
            <li id="step3Tab">

<div class="register-section six columns" id="myself-details-section">

<h4><i class="fa fa-bicycle"></i> <?php _e( 'Lifestyle', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
            						<br>
            						<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=4' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<?php

</p>

<fieldset>

</fieldset>

</div>
            									</p>
            								<?php endif ?>

</div>
            						</div>
            						<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php $fields_ids_4[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>

<div class="register-section six columns" id="physical-details-section">

<h4><i class="fa fa-eye"></i> <?php _e( 'Physical', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>
            						<br>
            						<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( 'profile_group_id=5' ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

<?php

</p>

<div class="field-visibility-settings" id="field-visibility-settings-<?php bp_the_profile_field_id()?>">        										
                                <fieldset>
            										</fieldset>
            									</div>
            									</p>
            								<?php endif ?>

</div>
            						</div>
            						<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php $fields_ids_5[]= bp_get_the_profile_group_field_ids();?>
            						<input type="hidden" name="signup_profile_field_ids" id="signup_profile_field_ids" value="<?php $arr = array($fields_ids_1,$fields_ids_2,$fields_ids_3,$fields_ids_4,$fields_ids_5); $compil=implode(",",$arr); echo $compil;?>" />

<?php endif; ?>  

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_registration_submit_buttons' ); ?>
      				<div class="submit">
      					<input type="submit" class="button radius pull-right" name="signup_submit" id="signup_submit" value="<?php _e( 'Complete Sign Up', 'buddypress' ); ?>" />
      				</div>
      				<?php do_action( 'bp_after_registration_submit_buttons' ); ?>

</li>
          </ul>

<!-- end multistep -->

<?php if ( bp_get_blog_signup_allowed() ) : ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_blog_details_fields' ); ?>

<?php /***** Blog Creation Details ******/ ?>

<div class="register-section" id="blog-details-section">

<h4><?php _e( 'Blog Details', 'buddypress' ); ?></h4>

<p><label for="signup_with_blog"><input type="checkbox" name="signup_with_blog" id="signup_with_blog" value="1"<?php if ( (int) bp_get_signup_with_blog_value() ) : ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> /> <?php _e( 'Yes, I\'d like to create a new site', 'buddypress' ); ?></label></p>

<div id="blog-details"<?php if ( (int) bp_get_signup_with_blog_value() ) : ?>class="show"<?php endif; ?>>

<label for="signup_blog_url"><?php _e( 'Blog URL', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
    							<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_blog_url_errors' ); ?>

<?php if ( is_subdomain_install() ) : ?>
    								http:// <input type="text" name="signup_blog_url" id="signup_blog_url" value="<?php bp_signup_blog_url_value(); ?>" /> .<?php bp_blogs_subdomain_base(); ?>
    								<?php echo site_url(); ?>/ <input type="text" name="signup_blog_url" id="signup_blog_url" value="<?php bp_signup_blog_url_value(); ?>" />
    							<?php endif; ?>

<label for="signup_blog_title"><?php _e( 'Site Title', 'buddypress' ); ?> <?php _e( '(required)', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
    							<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_blog_title_errors' ); ?>
    							<input type="text" name="signup_blog_title" id="signup_blog_title" value="<?php bp_signup_blog_title_value(); ?>" />

<label><?php _e( 'I would like my site to appear in search engines, and in public listings around this network.', 'buddypress' ); ?>:</label>
    							<?php do_action( 'bp_signup_blog_privacy_errors' ); ?>

<label><input type="radio" name="signup_blog_privacy" id="signup_blog_privacy_public" value="public"<?php if ( 'public' == bp_get_signup_blog_privacy_value() || !bp_get_signup_blog_privacy_value() ) : ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> /> <?php _e( 'Yes', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>
    							<label><input type="radio" name="signup_blog_privacy" id="signup_blog_privacy_private" value="private"<?php if ( 'private' == bp_get_signup_blog_privacy_value() ) : ?> checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> /> <?php _e( 'No', 'buddypress' ); ?></label>

</div>

</div><!-- #blog-details-section -->

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_blog_details_fields' ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php wp_nonce_field( 'bp_new_signup' ); ?>

<?php endif; // request-details signup step ?>

<?php if ( 'completed-confirmation' == bp_get_current_signup_step() ) : ?>

<h2 class="article-title"><?php _e( 'Sign Up Complete!', 'kleo_framework' ); ?></h2>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_registration_confirmed' ); ?>

<?php if ( bp_registration_needs_activation() ) : ?>
    					<p><?php _e( 'You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address.', 'buddypress' ); ?></p>
    					<p><?php _e( 'You have successfully created your account! Please log in using the username and password you have just created.', 'buddypress' ); ?></p>
    				<?php endif; ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_registration_confirmed' ); ?>

<?php endif; // completed-confirmation signup step ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_custom_signup_steps' ); ?>

</form>

</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_register_page' ); ?>
                    <div class="clearfix"></div>
            <br/><br/>
        </div><!--end twelve-->

</div><!--end row-->
      </div><!--end main-->

</section>
    <!--END MAIN SECTION-->
    <div id="myModal" class="reveal-modal small">
      <h2>Oops!</h2>
      <p class="lead">You did not complete all of the required fields...</p>  
      <a class="close-reveal-modal">×</a>
      <a class="close-reveal-modal button">OK</a>
    </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    		jQuery(document).ready( function() {
    			if ( jQuery('div#blog-details').length && !jQuery('div#blog-details').hasClass('show') )
    				jQuery('div#blog-details').toggle();

jQuery( 'input#signup_with_blog' ).change( function() {
                    if(jQuery(this).is(':checked')) {
                        jQuery('div#blog-details').fadeIn();
                    }
                    else {
                        jQuery('div#blog-details').fadeOut();
                    }
    			});

jQuery('.next-step a, .tabs.signup-steps a').click(function(e){
            e.preventDefault();
            var pass=true;
            jQuery('.tabs-content li.active .required-field input, .tabs-content li.active .required-field textarea').each(function(){
              if (!jQuery(this).val()) { pass=false; jQuery(this).prev('label').css('color','red'); } 
              else { jQuery(this).prev('label').css('color','#4D4D4D');  }
            });        
            jQuery('.tabs-content li.active .required-field .custom.dropdown a.current').each(function(){          
              if (jQuery(this).text()=='----') { pass=false; jQuery(this).parent().prev().prev('label').css('color','red'); } 
              else { jQuery(this).parent().prev().prev('label').css('color','#4D4D4D'); }
            });
            jQuery('#basic-details-section input').each(function(){
              if (!jQuery(this).val()) { pass=false; jQuery(this).prev('label').css('color','red'); }
              else { jQuery(this).prev('label').css('color','#4D4D4D'); } 
            });        

if (pass==true) {
              var href = jQuery(this).attr('href'); 
              jQuery('.tabs.signup-steps dd').removeClass('active');
              jQuery('.tabs.signup-steps dd').each(function(){
                if (jQuery(this).children('a').attr('href')==href) { jQuery(this).addClass('active'); }
              });
              jQuery('html, body').animate({scrollTop : 0},800);    
            } else {
              jQuery('#myModal').reveal();
              e.stopPropagation();          
            }      
          });

jQuery('input#signup_submit').click(function(e){ 
            var finalpass=false;
            jQuery('.tabs-content li.active .required-field option').each(function(){
              if (this.selected) { finalpass=true; }
            });
            if (finalpass==false) { e.preventDefault(); jQuery('#myModal').reveal(); jQuery('.tabs-content li.active .required-field label').css('color','red'); }
          });      

});
    	</script>

<?php get_footer( 'buddypress' ); ?>

Andrei

Not exactly but as I’ve said before, why don’t you just ask the guy who coded this piece of multi-step form to help you finish it as you want ..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?