This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi

I’m not sure how this has happened, but the icons are incorrect now when on a members profile page!

I tried activating the parent theme and the icons are still incorrect, but they chagne to different ones.

Help please!

Thanks

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Just to add that I have some custom fontello icons added, and one of these seems to be being used for the change cover photo icon (it is now showing an engine).

Also the button, on mobile, to show your buddypress options is now not correct as well. It is the button, when on your profile page, to select friends, alerts, setting etc.

I recently updated the kleo theme to the latest version, I think this is when the problems must have started.

I can only guess he issues are due to some sort of confusion with the extra icons I have? I followed the guidelines for adding extra icons.

Thanks

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I see that the parent kleo theme has the json file in the fonts folder.

The guide says to put the json file outside of that folder
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/use-custom-fontello-icons-kleo-theme

This is where my child theme has the json file. So I guess this could be the issue?

I have tried moving the json file in to the fonts folder and cleared all cache and history. I have also tried making a theme change and saving that, but still the wrong icons are being used.

I’ll submit my FTP details as a private reply

zzkamikazezz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

I just tried switching back to the parent theme and the icons went back to how they should be.
    However, going back to the child theme they are wrong again now.

That narrows it down to the icons setup in my child theme causing the issue.

Thanks

Radu

HI,

In this case I think you will have to re-upload the config file to fontello site and to re-check your desired icons using this procedure : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/use-custom-fontello-icons-kleo-theme

But before that backup child theme

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Ok, thanks. I think you changed the icons you used in 4.2?

So my version will be missing these and getting confused. Ill take a fresh cut from the parent theme and add mine again on fontello. Hopefully that will work.

Should I be placing he json file as per the icon guide (and how I had it), outside of the fonts folder? Or, should it be in the fonts folder, like the parent theme has his file?

Thanks

Radu

You should upload the original theme fontello json file and choose again your icons…. then download the fontello pack and add it back to child.

Cheers
    R.

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Thanks. I understood those steps. My question is where in the child to upload the json.

The guide I linked to shows ot being one level above the fonts folder, but the parent theme has it in he fonts folder itself… which is correct for the child theme?

Radu

Hi,

The steps and path specified in guide article : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/use-custom-fontello-icons-kleo-theme

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?