This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     pouya099
    Participant

hi, i am a bit confused about installing the theme. in your instruction you say, install both “Sweetdate” and “sweetdate-child” themes, is that correct?
    i am not sure if that is correct way to do it, because only one of them can be activated.

Please shed some light on this confusing matter.

thank you

Anchora
    Participant

you install both + activate the child!

and when you edit – you only edit the child-theme..

elena
    Participant

When I upload the theme in backend..i receive an error…

“Wp-content/uploads/2014/02 The directory can not be created. Is its parent directory writable by the server?”

What should I do?

Anchora
    Participant

copy the sweetdate-folder into
    wp-content/themes

Afrostein
    Participant

Hello Anchora (or Abe if you answer)

I’m having a hard time with re-installing the Sweet Date. This issue has happened twice:

1) I cut and past some code into php.function editor (most of the time going great)
    2) I get a Parsing error message, this time:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b1859/moo.datedebatescom/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php on line 46

3) Site crashes and I can’t log in to fix it. I have to contact my hosting company. (takes hours sometimes to get it fixed) They say I cannot edit the theme or log into my wpress through ftp to reset the theme. True?

4. They log into my wpress account set the theme to default and I have to upload the Child theme again. This time though it keeps saying “can’t upload file already exist”) Do I need to delete the 2 current Child themes that show in my WPAdmin section? If so, how do I do that? (will I lose all my work?)

I have 2 questions:
    a) How do I get my theme uploaded again?
    b) Is there a way to fix this without wasting time with the tech support?

Thank you!

Afrostein
    Participant

Hello, WP changed the interface. I found the “delete” button. You have to click the theme and now the button is at the bottom right hand of the screen…

But still would like to know the answer to not using tech support to solve this issue…I’ll probably make the same mistake with my cut and pasting 🙂

Anchora
    Participant

simply do it via ftp. that has to work.
    + then delete your failing codelines…

Abe
    Keymaster

hi there, You are complicating easy things 🙂
    See this video tutorial please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCrhEfApQI8

Themes are uploaded from Appearance – Themes – Add new, not from any other part

@Afrostein
    , connect by ftp and delete any child theme you have under wp-content/themes/
    You can install it like in the video above or copy the sweetdate-child extracted folder
    make sure the code added to sweetdate-child/functions.php is correct before adding it from wp-admin since you’ll loose access to your site. Always add code connecting by FTP

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?