This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by gigidesign.

• Author

Right now registering for the site is completely separate from creating a membership. So users have to enter their info twice…and it may not match…

Is there anyway to get these two systems integrated? SO that when someone registers they are also taken through the membership system?

Thanks in advance,

a

gigidesign
    Participant

Have you found out how to do this?

hi @gigidesign, no, there hasn’t been a response yet from support…but Im sure its on the way.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    it is a bit tricky to integrate the payment process with Buddypress but you can do something like forcing the users to apply for a membership level after registration. They won’t he able to do anything on your site until they do that.
    Add the following code to your kleo-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

/* Redirect user to levels page until he subscribes for a membership */
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'my_membersip_restrict' );

function my_membersip_restrict() {
    	global $pmpro_pages, $post;

if ( is_user_logged_in() && !pmpro_hasMembershipLevel() ) {
    		if (isset($post->ID) && !in_array($post->ID, $pmpro_pages)) {
    			wp_redirect( pmpro_url() );
    		}
        }
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Cool! thank you, I’ll look into how this would affect UX and may apply that code. I really appreciate your help as usual Abe.

a

gigidesign
    Participant

What if you just assign a default membership level upon registration? Can this be done? If so, please advise on how to do it.

Abe
    Keymaster

See this code that applies to KLEO also https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/membership-auto-in-registration#post-2727

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

gigidesign
    Participant

Yes, I wrote the code before your reply. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Integrate Registration and Membership creation’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?