This topic has 34 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hello,

When a User registers for my website, I would like to capture their email with my Email Client Manager. I currently use Aweber for my Email Client Manager.

Is there a way a way to do this?

One thought I had was to use a Gravity Form on the Registration Page, since Gravity Form has the ability to capture the email for my Email Client Manager.

Or, if you have a better suggestion, I would be eager to hear it.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Hello, right know the best option would be your suggestion or mailchimp plugin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Just following up on this.

When I look at the Register Page, there is no content or code on it. So I can assume it’s pulling data from somewhere else allowing the User to enter the information and populate it to their Buddypress profile. So how do I integrate a Gravity Form to capture an email on the Register Page, while still ensuring the registration process operates normally for those that sign up?

Thanks for your insight.

Cheers.

Laura

Hello, what about https://wordpress.org/plugins/newsletter-sign-up/ ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

I’ve done my research and I’m going to implement this idea now, but have a couple questions before I do.

The URL for the page is http://travelcuckoo.com/register

However, when I visit that page to edit it in the Admin Dashboard, the page is blank (see attached snap shot), so there is no existing code to edit or replace with new Gravity Form code.

Also, the Register link in the WP menu has a short code like this: kleo-menu kleo-register-nav (see attached snap shot)

Here are the challenges I need to fix:

1. I want to edit the register page and add the Gravity Form, yet keep the “Login with Facebook” button and the dialogue just below it that is included on the default Register Page from KLEO (see attached snap shot). The only thing I want to replace are the form fields. Those will be provided by Gravity Forms. Everything else should remain the same.

2. How do I update the Register custom link in the WP menu to show the updated Register page, or do I even need to?

Thanks for your help Laura!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura !

Looks like I was able to recreate the code on a test registration page with the Gravity Form integrated into it instead of the default KLEO form – http://travelcuckoo.com/test-register/

However, I know that I need to get the code transferred onto the real Register Page, so what is the best way to do that since there is no code on the default Register page? – http://travelcuckoo.com/register

I want to make sure I eliminate the old code without causing problems in the functionality of the theme.

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, try by going to Buddypress > Pages and do not select any register page, change it to blank or something else, then in the Register page, add your code 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Just to clarify…

1. Go to the settings you instructed (see attached snap shot)

2. Select any other page in the drop down. Save settings.

3. Then go back to the the Dashboard > Pages menu, find the Register Page, then enter my code.

4. Then go back to Buddypress > Pages and re-select the Register Page in the drop down. Save Settings

Is this correct?

Thank you!

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, if you want a custom register page, you shouldnt use the buddypress setitngs for page register… but as this would require to edit a lot of links that points to buddypress register page, then maybe its better to just copy the register.php inside of wp-content/registration of main theme to the child theme (create registration folder and paste it inside)
    Then edit the register.php
    Maybe replace the content with this
    And add your gravity form shortcode like [shortcode] where it says GRAVITY-FORM-SHORTCODE-HERE

COPY CODE

<?php get_header( 'buddypress' ); ?>

<!-- MAIN SECTION
    ================================================ -->
    <section>
        <div id="main">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="twelve columns">

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_register_page' ); ?>

<div id="register-page">

<?php echo do_shortcode( 'GRAVITY-FORM-SHORTCODE-HERE' ); ?>

</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_register_page' ); ?>
                    <div class="clearfix"></div>
            <br><br>
        </div><!--end twelve-->

</div><!--end row-->
      </div><!--end main-->

</section>
    <!--END MAIN SECTION-->

<?php get_footer( 'buddypress' ); ?>

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Thanks for putting all that together. I really appreciate it.

I went to my cpanel at public_html/travelcuckoo.com/wp-content/themes/kleo but did not find any register.php or a folder named register. I opened all the subfolders and looked at all the php files in the list, but could not find a register.php file anywhere. Do you know where the file/folder might be?

Laura

Hello, sorry i thought was Sweetdate theme as this topic was in that category,
    For KLEO, its in buddypress > members > register.php
    copy that file and paste it in child theme ( create the same folders )
    Then replace content with

COPY CODE

<div id="buddypress">

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_register_page' ); ?>

<div class="page" id="register-page">

<?php echo do_shortcode( 'GRAVITY-FORM-SHORTCODE-HERE' ); ?>

</div>

<?php do_action( 'bp_after_register_page' ); ?>

</div><!-- #buddypress -->

And add your gravity form shortcode 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Haha! Yeah, I forget I originally submitted the ticket when I was using Sweet Date but since moved to KLEO. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I created an entire copy of the buddypress folder located in public_html/travelcuckoo.com/wp-content/themes/kleo and copied/pasted it to public_html/travelcuckoo.com/wp-content/themes/kleo-child

Then inside the new buddypress folder I went to public_html/travelcuckoo.com/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/members and found the register.php file.

I backed up a copy of the file, then opened the file and pasted your code (with my Gravity Form short code added) so it looked like this:

————————————-

<div id=”buddypress”>

<?php do_action( ‘bp_before_register_page’ ); ?>

<div class=”page” id=”register-page”>

<?php echo do_shortcode( [gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”] ); ?>

</div>

<?php do_action( ‘bp_after_register_page’ ); ?>

</div><!– #buddypress –>

————————————-

Unfortunately the result was a blank page (see attached). Wondering if I made an error?

Thanks for all your help! 🙂

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, might need to edit some stuff as it was originally for sweetdate, can you share ftp credentials? 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i will need ftp password too please 🙂 Thanks!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, the connection is successful but the login authentication fails, could you change the password and share it again? 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, not working, do you have a cpanel? 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

That password worked perfectly 🙂 I am working on your code, will let you know soon 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks Laura!

Laura

Hello, should be done 🙂 Added the shortcode to the page instead then disabled the buddypress register page, you will see an advice to repair it, do not click it

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Wow! That was fast! Thanks Laura 🙂

Quick question…

When trying to do it on my own, I created a Test Register Page http://www.travelcuckoo.com/test-register/

If you compare it to the current register page ( http://www.travelcuckoo.com/register ) you configured, the test register page has the Facebook Login option, verbiage above the form, and the option to configure with a side bar.

Do I add that directly on the page, or does that require more back end code?

Laura

Hello, the login with facebook you added, is not functional, is just the button 🙂
    You can add the same to the register page but the facebook button wont work as you added it

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Oops! You’re right. 🙁

Okay, well how to I add it correctly?

Laura

Hello, that would require some custom development, maybe try to install a plugin for social login that has shortcodes 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hola @laura !

Hope you are well.

First and foremost, I want to thank you for all your help. I love working with you. 🙂

I wanted to follow up with somethings I’ve learned since you added the code for the registration page.

1. When I was trying to do it myself and initially created the “test register page” at http://www.travelcuckoo.com/test-register/, it appeared that the blue “Login in with Facebook” was just a non-functioning icon/button. However, now that I’ve tried it again, it does function. (see attached snap shot “facebook login error 3”)

2. When I try to login using the the top menu “Login/Register” link, and click the blue “Login in with Facebook” button in the pop up modal, I get the same error as issue number one (see attached snap shot “facebook login error”). Go to http://travelcuckoo.com and try it.

3. When I try to login using the blue “Login in with Facebook” bbPress login widget in the Community section of the Home Page, I get the same error as issue number one (see attached snap shot “facebook login error”). Go to http://travelcuckoo.com, scroll half way down, and try it.

So it seems that the blue “Login with Facebook” button is trying to work properly in all cases, but adding/changing the code for the registration page we created together has somehow caused a conflict with the functionality.

Can we try to fix the issue together please?

Hope you are well and thank you for all your help. 🙂

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please go to the facebook app development, make sure that your website url is at the apps settings and details 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, well actually that is the register page, but to use your custom register page you might prefer not to select in in buddypress settings ( because it would override your page content ) Or you could edit the buddypress register.php page template… which is more difficult but maybe a developer can do it for you. About the button, you could add it to the page just before the form shortcode in pages > edit page

P.S: Thanks you! 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello 🙂
    Well i actually never ran with the bulls, i’m from cuba by since i was 8 i live here in palma.
    Here is very nice, beach everywhere and a good weather, just like cuba. 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?