This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     msattolo
    Participant

Could you advice me how to add Kleo Social Sharing to GeoDirectory?
    I am getting familiar with do_actions and customizing Geodirectory pages, but I would need to know the bit of code for adding your theme social sharing, in order to be consistent.
    Thank you!
    Miriam

sharmstr

You’ll need to do two things.

1 – Add places to Theme Options > Social Info > Social share Post types

2 – Add this to your child theme functions.php file.

COPY CODE

add_action('geodir_after_main_content','add_kleo_social_share');
    function add_kleo_social_share() {
    	get_template_part( 'page-parts/posts-social-share' );
    }

@andrei
    – I assigned this topic to you because I think you did the initial GeoDir integration. We need to add a check within Kleo to see if “Places” was turned on for Social share post types. If so, we need to add the geodir_after_main_content action to insert it. If you weren’t responsible, let me know and I’ll talk to Abe. Thanks 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Andrei

I’ll give a look into it and push it into the core, thanks for pointing it out.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sharmstr

Thank you 🙂

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

msattolo
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr and Andrei
    It worked fine!

Another question. Facebook share is only showing the link and not the image, excerpt and other features it generally has (such as private sharing). Can you advice?

Thank you for a great great job. I am being able to work around and developing a great tool integrating geodirectory, buddpress, etc.

Kind regards
    Miriam

Andrei

You will need to use a SEO plugin that expose this kind of information ( picture, description ) for social sharing tools. They are called Open Graph tags ( og tags) and I think the WordPress SEO plugin will help you expose them.

Cheers

sharmstr

Yes. WP SEO from Yoast does.

msattolo
    Participant

Hi Andrei and Sharmstr
    I installed Yoast WP SEO, and it is not fixing.
    Have you tested yourself? Any other clue?

Is it possible to replace your social sharing tools with a plugin such as Add this?

Thank you
    Miriam

Andrei

Sorry for the late reply, yes you can turn off our social share buttons and add a plugin which has such features.

Cheers

Andrei

I’ve added this feature built in Kleo, just add the “Places” post type under “Theme Options > Social Share” and the share tools will appear in the listing detail page.

The feature will be available starting next update, keep an eye on the updates.

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?