This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by WinDroidAnswers.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Hi there,

we have a very strange problem,

if we make a search in the top bar, we do not have any problem, but we can’t figure out how to configure that results only to the forum (our main aim, is to build a forum-based windows and android community)

If we use the bbpress search function we receive a internal server error,

http://prntscr.com/i3f8ft

how to solve this?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Can you update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials so I can take a closer look at this.

Also please do the following

– Let me know which PHP version you’re running. If 5.X please update to 7.1 or 7.0, if 7.2 please downgrade temporarily to 7.1 or 7.0
    – Upload the last 24hrs of your PHP error log in a .txt file to this ticket
    – Upload the last 24hrs of your general server error log in a .txt file to this ticket

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please let me know once you have the other details so I can assist with debugging the search issue for you.

With regards to setting the main search to forums only you will need to go to Appearance > Customize > Header > Header Settings > Scroll to: ‘Search Context’ and make sure only forums are selected from the multi select area (see screenshot).

In the meantime please try doing the plugin / cache test as the issue may be coming from another plugin, cache or snippet of code.

– Disable the cache, leave disabled for the rest of the tests. Test your search issue on the front-end after clearing the front-end cache (Ctrl+F5)
    – Disable all other plugins except for those that came with BuddyApp and bbPress. Clear your front-end cache (Ctrl+F5) and test the search again. If the search now works enable each plugin that was disabled one by one, clearing your cache and testing with each one until you find the plugin causing the issue
    – Make a copy of your BuddyApp Child theme’s functions.php file and delete all custom code. Test following the steps above. If the issue is gone, paste the code back in function by function until you find the offending code.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

That’s unfortunate with regards to your host’s support being closed on a Sunday. I work Saturday and Sunday until 5PM EST (Currently 12:12PM EST) and will not be available to make or receive a Skype call during the week. Should you need this level of assistance during the week to achieve the above steps please open a new ticket and one of the available members of staff will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

maybe there is a misunderstanding.
    i mean this field of search:
    http://prntscr.com/i5xrcy

not the first one on the top, but the one inside bbpress

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, I understand the issue and I am still awaiting the below information so I can look into this further.

– Let me know which PHP version you’re running. If 5.X please update to 7.1 or 7.0, if 7.2 please downgrade temporarily to 7.1 or 7.0
    – Upload the last 24hrs of your PHP error log in a .txt file to this ticket
    – Upload the last 24hrs of your general server error log in a .txt file to this ticket

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

gimme a sec to find these info via our hosting provider 😉

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

To address the styling issue I have added the below CSS to WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > BuddyApp Child > Style.css

COPY CODE
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-search-form #bbp_search:focus {
        color: #2b2b2b;
        background-color: #ffffff;
    }

Please update the color value 2b2b2b to your desired font color.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Awesome Kieran!

so the internal server error is also solved?
    what happen?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

As far as I understood from your reply it was solved. I did carry out a forum search for ‘Quale’ using the search bar for bbPress and it returned the expected result without error http://www.windroidanswers.com/forums/search/quale/.

Kieran.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

glad to hear that, we just not perfectlyu understood why this happen, but we’re happy that is was solved anyway.
    Have a nice weekend 😀
    thanks a lot.
    there are some other ticket opened, you can help us?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It could have resolved from changing the PHP version, server config change, a plugin update or deactivation.

I have responded to one of your open tickets and will respond to the other open tickets as I get to them based on the time they were received.

All the best,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

thanks for your help. have a nice weekend

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?