This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

DiegoBRRSPF
    Participant

Hi!

As I understand, in order to allow us to send users invitations to a group, its mandatory to have the “Friend Connections” BP component enabled.

But, in my case, this don’t make sense. We have a company community and as it is used by all of our employees, well, anyone is friend of anyone 🙂

So, right after I create a group, it’s important to just invite the people I want to participate on the group. For example: I created a group “Business Opportunities”. I already know who needs to be included, so I just need to invite them. But, today, first I have to make the friendship connection in order to allow that…

Is there a option to invite people to groups without the friendship connections, or a workaround for this?

Thanks!

DiegoBRRSPF
    Participant

Oh, I almost forgot: I know that I can add members to a group through the WordPress admin, but I don’t want to give this access for the users.

I think an excellent option would be have a “Add member” button on the attached screen (section “Manage” of the group).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, this is a buddypress issue, please check https://buddypress.org/support/topic/invite-anyone-at-group-creation-process/ let me know if it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?