This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

The responsive CSS needs to be a littel different…

When using an iPhone in portrait mode, one cannot post updates to their profile…since the submit button disapears in portrait mode.

Tried adding this, but it will not override your CSS…

@media only screen
    and (max-width : 320px){
    select#rtSelectPrivacy{
    padding-right: 0px!important;}}

Please advise on how to fix…my users need to be able to post from mobile.

Thanks in advance,

a

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kamal

Hi,
    You can test your site disabling all plugins, Maybe any plugin causing this problem. normally it should work just fine on iphone. However, if your problem is not solve by deactivating plugins then you can change your media query. It does not look perfect for iphone. Please use the following media query to target iphone 4 and 5 in portrait mode only as you have got problem in portrait mode.

COPY CODE

/* iPhone 4 ----------- */
    @media
    only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio : 1.5) and (orientation : portrait),
    only screen and (min-device-pixel-ratio : 1.5) and (orientation : portrait) {
    /* Styles for iphone 4 goes here */
    }

/* iPhone 5 ----------- */
    @media only screen and (min-device-width: 640px) and 
      (max-device-width: 1136px) and
      (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and (orientation : portrait) {
        /* style for iPhone 5 only on portrait mode */
    }

I hope this will fix your problem.
    thanks,
    Kamal

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Hi Kamal, thank you for your help but I can’t get this to work. SHould I be altering the CSS files and FTPing them back to the server? Adding this CSS to the wordpress editor…directly into the kleo child theme is not having an effect.

Also, turing plugins on and off is not having an effect…

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Kamal

Hello Aaron,
    You should put the above css in appearance>editor>style.css of child theme. and only putting the above code will not have any effect. These are just media queries for targeting iPhones for activating specific css style for them. Your css code should go after the comment line in the above codes. and it would be great if you could give a link to your site to test. Normally, there should not be any problem on iphones. and also try to clear browser caches and cookies after deactivating all plugins to test your problem.
    Thanks,
    Kamal

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Abe
    Keymaster

I will check this and see if that is a general problem or just a isolated one on your side

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Hi guys! Kamal you are right, and I must need more coffee…I was totally just including the media queries without any actual css after them…

It works now, thank you very much for your help.

a

Kamal

Hi,
    I am glad it helped you. 🙂
    Cheers

Hi guys, upon further review this has not fixed the missing submit/post button in portrait mode on iphones…

I thought it had, but was looking at the narrowest window of chrome on my desktop…which usually is a nice responsive design testing moment…

But real world on the iphone testing reveals this is not resolved…

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

a

Abe
    Keymaster

@beansmcguillicutty we did some changes on that so please check them on the kleo demo site and let us know if that works.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your reply…

I’d need to be a registered member to see if I can post something in portrait view on an iphone…but you can’t register on the demo site. Is this change coming in another update soon?

In the meantime, can you please send the updated CSS for me to try?

Thank you,

a

Abe
    Keymaster

You can login with user demo and password demo to test

---

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPhone portrait submit button missing.’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?