This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

Gandam
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been wondering whether this can be done; I like Kleo New Magazine style and would really love to replace it with our default blog page (http://mydomain.com/blog), but not for homepage, can it be done somehow? Or what is the best way to do this?

Regards,

sharmstr

Change your menu item to point to the news page.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Gandam
    Participant

@Sharmstr – Thanks again! I understand what you are saying, but this link (mydomain.com/blog) which sets as default by WP will no longer work or what if someone type out that url address, it will still link it to the default blog page, won’t it? Actually, I would like to find out whether there is a way to redirect the default blog page to my new blog page or making my new blog page as default blog page, is that possible?

Regards,

sharmstr

Change the news page permalink to blog. You’ll need to set your blog page permalink to something else. Standard WP stuff. 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Gandam
    Participant

@sharmstr – I see, can you tell me how to do that? Is it easy to do that? 🙂

Gandam
    Participant

Change the news page permalink to blog. You’ll need to set your blog page permalink to something else. Standard WP stuff

Your suggestion is something what I am looking for, can you tell me how to do that, thanks!!

sharmstr

Edit the new page and click on edit next to the permalink.

Gandam
    Participant

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, you were saying that I can just change my news page to mydomain.com/blog as permalink, but what do I change in the option of “front page displays” under reading setting from dashboard? Do I choose the post page to “my new blog page” or I ignore it?

I am a bit confuse here!!

Gandam
    Participant

Hi,
    I still can’t get it right, can I set my news page as “post page” under front page displays option in WP reading settings? But it will reset the page style to default style once I do that.

sharmstr

Dont touch the reading settings. Only do what I’ve told you. Just change the permalink on the page!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?