This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     rakabal
    Participant

Hi,

I bought this theme hoping it would be some regular html or php pages that I can use for my project.

My english is not very good and I misread the line ” more then a wordpress theme”. I thought it meant it can be used outside of word press as well. But looking at installation instruction it seems this “only” a wordpress theme” and cannot be used if I’m not using wordpress. Would that be correct ?

I’m not planning on using wordpress. Any chance you can refund me the money ? Or advice if it possible to use without installing wordpress ?

Appreciate your help!

Laura

Hello, i understand the issue, but you can still work with it, wordpress is not only a blogging cms, it can be anything you want, you can edit theme files, add or remove php scripts, use html pages and much more, there is a lot of plugins to help you and is very easy to work with. 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

rakabal
    Participant

Hi,

I can try to use the php and html files but file structure is not that straight forward. Do you have any documentation how to use the files if user is not using wordpress ?

Before downloading this version of SweetDate, I downloaded “SweetDate Landing Page”, and that was very generic and I was able to use the html files easily. It was structured nicely, I was able to find all the html files, and all the css, and js files under a”ssets”.

I was really hoping “SweetDate – more then a wordpress theme” would be an upgrade to “SweetDate Landing Page” with more pages.

I really like but SweetDate work, and like I said if you have some documentation on how to understand the file structure if user is not using wordpress it will be great.
    Otherwise, it will be great if you can understand my concern and refund me the money since I genuinely explained that this version is no good to me.
    I’m building a project using Flask(python framework). I was just hoping to see lot more html pages and js, and those I would have been able to use with my flask project, but I don’t see any html files ?

Thanks!
    And, happy new year!

Laura

Hello, there are a lot and can be changed easily, you can find it at assets, framework…
    You will find everything you need, also at the plugins, you can convert them to work outside wordpress

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     rakabal
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response.

You said there is lot of documentation on how to use the package as regular php site, can you please point me to that documentation ?

I would like to get this up and running as regular php site. I have set up a local server on my macbook using mamp. I have copied over files into htdocs and if I try to open any php file, I get 500 server error. can you please explain me why ? I have tested the mamp sever my making a another php and that works fine.

Is index.php the landing page ?

rakabal
    Participant

Also, within WordPress folder there are two folders. “sweetdate” and “sweetdate-child” ?

Laura

Hello, from a developer side, you can edit and delete any code to make it work as the theme is made for wordpress.
    Again from a developer side, it is possible but requires work.

rakabal
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     rakabal
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, envato handles refunds, i just wanted to let you know how good is wordpress as a cms, as the theme is made for wordpress and inside wordpress category at themeforest. We can’t edit the whole theme as there isn’t any issue with it, it works where it should work ,at wordpress.
    You are free to ask a refund but its envato who handles that.
    Hope you can find a good script and sorry if i couldn’t be much of a help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?