This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by gigidesign.

• Author
     gigidesign
    Participant

Even before launching my site, I find many spammers/sploggers stealing bandwidth and other resources from my site causing out of memory problem.

I am protecting my site with snippets of code and would like to know if there is a way to record the IP address in the signups table. If there is none, would you consider to do that during the next release? It will really be a tremendous help in fighting against these thieves.

sharmstr

Install wanggaurd. Not only will it give you questions that need to be answered during registration, it will verify email domains and email address with a list from their servers that other wangguard users have reported. It also give you the ip address https://www.wangguard.com/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Edit – The screenshot doesnt show their IP. Sorry. But it does show it in the plugins admin screen.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     gigidesign
    Participant

I know about WangGuard. I would like to stay away from using plugins. What I have modified in the code and htaccess is doing more good than WangGuard.

Anyways, I’ll pass this on directly to the developers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?