This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi,

This is the latest in an ongoing issue – where js composer uses too much memory and slows/crashes the site. This happens with using the VC composer in frontend and backend mode when we’re creating new content/editing current content. It doesn’t happen at the start, but after a few file updates it really slows down and then eventually throws these out of memory errors…

As an eg. the most recent errors are these:
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 73662464) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/default_params.php on line 99
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 72876032) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-base.php on line 635
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 73138176) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/popups/class-vc-templates-panel-editor.php on line 382
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 72613888) (tried to allocate 232 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/wordpress-widgets.php on line 62
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 73138176) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/popups/class-vc-templates-panel-editor.php on line 382
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 73662464) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/default_params.php on line 99
    PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 74973184) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/font_container/font_container.php on line 145

I’ve triple checked the php memory limits for our site and have these settings:
    wp admin memory limit = 256M
    wp base memory useage = 256M
    php memory limit = 256M
    php max upload file size = 512M
    php max post size = 512M

And from within Bullet Proof security you can check the current php info which confirm that both the local and the master php memory limit is indeed 256M on our server for us. From reading other articles this should be plenty – is that right?

I see from somw other threads that js composer really slows down sites, but it seemed to be related to a lower memory limit.

Do you have any recommendations/insights for this issue? as it really limits the amount of work that can be done on a site quite considerably.

Many thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    if you divide the number it gives you 73662464/1024/1024 you will get 70MB allocated so those settings aren’t taking effect. Talk at your hosting to increase you PHP memory limit

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

5high-photohub
    Participant

Thanks Abe,
    only just able to get back to looking at this, but I’m obviously missing something – where did you get the x2 1024’s from (above) to divide into the ‘allocated 73662464’ number?
    Cheers.

Abe
    Keymaster

allocated 73662464 bits which divided by 1024 gives you bytes and then again by 1024 it gives you MegaBytes
    talk at your hosting to increase it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

5high-photohub
    Participant

OK, I understand now – will contact them to sort it out and will give follow up back here FYI in case this isn’t the issue.

5high-photohub
    Participant

Update:

Our hosting provider has increased the php memory limit to 512M, so hopefully it should all run smoothly now.

If we get more php fatal out of memory errors I’ll followup here, as it will then be more likely related to the js composer itself. Also even with the significantly increased memory, the js composer runs really slowly – I realise it’s a complex plugin but it is frustratingly slow. Any ideas to speed it up would be appreciated!

Andrei

Hi,

The memory increase should indeed help, the loading times can be also improved if you try to run with as few plugins as you can. If the issues still persists then probably it’s also something related to the quality of your hosting server or limitation of your hosting plan.

Please let me know if I you need help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?