This topic has 39 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years by rishabh08.

• Author
     willianlima83
    Participant

Hi
    There are any solution to keeping scroll bar on the last position when refresh the page?
    🙂

SQadmin
    Keymaster

It should act like that. I think only Chrome browser takes you at the top of the page then goes to the last location

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     willianlima83
    Participant

Ok.. Thanks…

willianlima83
    Participant

I think I didn’t explained the situation I want resolve.
    When I click on menu on my profile page (wall, profile, account, friends, My pictures), it open a new page correctly but on the top.
    Always I click on profile menu, the new page opened go to the top, then everytime I need to scroll down it to see the new page content because the space where the main picture is positioned is very big…
    There are an solution for this situation, please?

willianlima83
    Participant

When I click on a activity or comment, the page is always fixed on the same place… it’s verry good.. but on profile menu it not happen.. 🙁

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I see what you are saying now. We will try and find a solution to this

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     willianlima83
    Participant

Ok.. I’m waiting for this solution 😛
    I know you are a genius… 🙂

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hello all 🙂
    This code added to footer.php before the wp_footer() line will make the page open at the buddypress navigation level:

COPY CODE

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    	jQuery("#item-nav .item-list-tabs a, #subnav a").each(function() {
    		jQuery(this).attr('href',jQuery(this).attr('href')+"#item-nav");
    	});
    });
    </script>

willianlima83
    Participant

wow.. it works very well… thank you very much…
    PS. This code works well without the Sticky Menu, because the Sticky Menu, if enabled, overrides the budpress menu..

Douweboschma
    Participant

That worked like a charm too! Thanks…

SQadmin
    Keymaster

To hide the top part when viewing your own profile please add this css to sweetdate-child/style.css or in WP admin – Sweetdate – Styling options – Quick css:

COPY CODE

.my-account #profile {display:none;}

willianlima83
    Participant

This code works… but I think is better a little buttom to hide this part on own profile, not hide it automatically… If you included this in a new update is better, but I think it’s not a big problem… It’s good for now..
    Thanks..

topdog
    Participant

Thanks for the code. It worked to refresh the screen back on the profile menu. However, the css code removes the profile altogether and I don’t want to do that automatically.

The problem is that the stickly menu is blocking the profile menu so visitors have to scroll up to see their option. But I don’t want to disable the sticky menu complete because it’s useful throughout the rest of the site.

How can I disable the sticky menu just on the profile page?

Abe
    Keymaster

You can change it with this to have the nav visible

COPY CODE

<script>
    	jQuery("#item-nav .item-list-tabs a, #subnav li a").each(function() {
    		jQuery(this).attr('href',jQuery(this).attr('href')+"#main");
    	});
    });
    </script>

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

topdog
    Participant

@Abe

I tried the code but the sticky menu is still visible. I want the sticky menu to NOT appear when a user is on any profile page.

Maybe I’m placing your code in the wrong location. I tried it in the footer.php next to the other code in this thread and I tried it in the function.php but not response. Should I try another file?

Abe
    Keymaster

My code wasn’t to remove the sticky menu, but to show the page a bit top so the navigation will appear and won’t be covered by the menu. Unfortunately there is no option to remove the sticky for a specific page

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Try with this css code to hide the sticky menu:

COPY CODE

.bp-user .contain-to-grid.sticky.fixed {
        display: none;
    }

---

LKr
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this code (to keep opening pages at the buddypress navigation level) – it works well with all tabs. But it does not affect if I click on the “Compose” message link (Messages–>Compose) – the Compose message page opens at the very top, still.

Is there any modification possible to this code that you proposed so that it works on these (second-level) links as well? Thank you!!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I have updated the code above https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/keeping-scroll-bar-on-the-last-position-when-refresh#reply-8056

---

topdog
    Participant

The new code works great. Thanks.

shanevie
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That will modify current structure pretty much. if you want to achieve that you should hire a developer to help you. Thanks

---

Afrostein
    Participant

Hi Robert,

How do we get to the footer.php to apply this code you made:

<script>
    jQuery(“#item-nav .item-list-tabs a”).each(function() {
    jQuery(this).attr(‘href’,jQuery(this).attr(‘href’)+”#item-nav”);
    });
    });
    </script>

2nd Issue. When I click on that link for your “updated code” nothing happens. Still on this page.

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

This is that link https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/keeping-scroll-bar-on-the-last-position-when-refresh/#post-8056

you add the code by connecting to your server by ftp in wp-content/themes/sweetdate

---

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

Hi Abe
    I found the jquery worked well, but did not work on the Profile > edit > submenu items…as my client has a huge profile group an field section.
    I added this into you jquery #profile-edit-form ul.button-nav li a and it seems to work well, but not sure if that is the correct way to approach the problem.
    Please could you check this jquery below and let us all know if its good to go or if its just a hack! and you have a better solution to this.

<script>
    jQuery(“#item-nav .item-list-tabs a, #subnav li a, #profile-edit-form ul.button-nav li a”).each(function() {
    jQuery(this).attr(‘href’,jQuery(this).attr(‘href’)+”#main”);
    });
    });
    </script>

Look forward to your input.

Abe
    Keymaster

That is a good solution and it is fine to use it.
    CHeers

---

neelesh7
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to add to that script to not scroll back to top when saving changes?

FD
    Participant

That would be really nice to have a script or a way to reduce the “jumping” up and down while navigating site.

So my questions are:

1 – Is is possible to reduce the “jumping” up and down while navigating?
    (To not scroll back to top and then down after saving changes or changing menu tab.)

2 – Are there a way to make notifications open at the correct level so you don´t have to scroll down
    to see the notification?

Abe
    Keymaster

@neelesh7 not right now, we will think of something

@FD this is somehow the same thing on both questions but we will try to think of something to do that

---

FD
    Participant

@abe Yes, that´s right. I was in hurry. It would be really nice if you could find a solution. 🙂

neelesh7
    Participant

Thanks Abe.

wannabe
    Participant

The whole profile part should be ajax in my opinion. is this on the roadmap?

Abe
    Keymaster

it is kind of hard @wannabe since is very much dependent on how Buddypress works

---

topdog
    Participant

Just purchased the Kleo theme and added this code. It works for top level Buddypress profile menu item but not any sub-menu items.

Is it possible to extend the code to work sub-menu items?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I just updated the code here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/keeping-scroll-bar-on-the-last-position-when-refresh#post-5337

---

topdog
    Participant

Code works well. Appreciate the quick reply and fix. Thanks Abe!!!

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to help 😉

---

rishabh08
    Participant

Hi just purchased the theme, I’m facing same issue with the profile page. I know it’s buddypress but are there no hacks to make just the profile page ajax. Reloading each time on tab selection is making the UX a nightmare.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, unfortunately BuddyPress doesn’t provide a simple way of enabling ajax for the navigation.

---

rishabh08
    Participant

Hi Abe, there is a more pressing issue I have been waiting for support on, could you look at my latest tickets; thanks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘keeping scroll bar on the last position when refresh’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?