This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     valuser
    Participant

Kleo 4.1.8, WP 4.7.2, BP 2.8, WP Idea Stream 2.4, BP Idea Stream 1.0.1

WP Idea Stream is a plugin by imath who up to recently was part of the core developer team of Buddypress.

I think it has the potential to become an almost essential feature of Buddypress.

But I am finding slight anomalies when trying to get it to perform with Kleo.

1) The share module does not work with Ideas created in buddypress groups. see image 1 (it does work with Ideas created outside of buddypress)

It really would really be awesome to have that sharing facility for ideas created within the buddypress module.

2) It appears that (with Kleo)  you can’t comment on an idea outside of buddypress even if your are logged in – this does not happen with the twenty sixteen theme

there is “Leave a reply” link at the top of the post but it is unresponsive  see image 2

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

valuser
    Participant

update: item 2 of this query is not valid! – the simple solution is to enable comments on pages.

So this query is now just Item 1 –extending the share links to BuddyPress ideas.

please note Ideas have been checked in the Social Share—>Social share post types

Have tried adding “idea”, “ideas” to line 10 of post-social-share.php but no dice.

Hopefully you might be able to suggest a solution.

Thanks.

valuser
    Participant

ok got this done

solution

add

<?php get_template_part( 'page-parts/posts-social-share' ); ?>

to line (say) 45 (or just after line 43) of

bp-idea-stream/templates/idea-group.php

Radu

Hi,

Glad if you have solved but if you have modified the plugin file on the plugin update this will be rewritten ask the plugin author how you can overwrite the plugin template in child theme

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?