This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by isoladoro.

• Author
     isoladoro
    Participant

Hi

I am reminded by my dashboard to update the Kleo theme that I am currently using. from 4.3.1 installed to 4.3.12. However, it says clearly that any updates will erase customisations made to theme files, consider using child themes for customisations.

Can someone please explain to a simpleton like me how I would find out if I am using a parent or a child theme? AND if my use of said theme would class as customisations that will be affected by an update. My path so far has pretty much been to choose the Kleo theme and edit it in upfront and now I have my site. So this means I am using a parent theme and updating it will default my site back to the original Kleo look appearance?

Thanks in advance

Karen

Kieran_SQ

Hi Karen,

You can go to WP Admin > Appearance > Themes to see if you’re using the KLEO or KLEO Child theme (both of which will be named accordingly).

It is best to use the KLEO Child theme where you are making changes to style.css, functions.php or overriding any other core files in the KLEO theme.

If you have only made changes to KLEO via Theme Options then you will have no need to switch to the KLEO Child theme and updating is safe to do.

Updating KLEO has changed since the version you’re using and you will need to follow this support article to enable the new method to update the theme. We changed this as there were issues with the Envato API and users were not receiving a consistent experience when updating.

Support article: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/update-themes-automatically-using-envato-market-plugin

Plugin required: https://envato.com/market-plugin/

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

isoladoro
    Participant

thanks Kieran

I’ll follow the instructions you suggest.

Karen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?