This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     ginigarbick
    Participant

Hi…I am in the finishing stages and preparing my site for launch and as I begin to test out the connections, I’ve encountered an issue with the PROFILE button in the header bar.

Any selection made from the dropdown menu in the PROFILE button redirects to the 404 Error page.

Also:

1) My commercial button on the homepage stopped working two days ago. It no longer shows embedded video, rather it brings up my homepage. So selecting it generates a “homepage within the homepage” view.

2) None of my icon buttons are working:
    Social icons in the footer widget.
    Social icons in the TOP SOCIAL BAR
    Icons in the KLEO Support Box Widget and KLEO MailChimp Widget

Please help me to identify what may be conflicting with the functionality of each of these items.

Thank you,
    Gini

ginigarbick
    Participant

I found the culprit in mine! It’s the WPBakery Visual Composer. I deactivated it, and my social icons and secondary icons reappeared! It did not fix the issue with my commercial, however….so please continue to assist with that, if you can.

It’s saying that there is an update available, but when I try to update it I receive the following error:

Error! Envato API error.

Is this anything you are familiar with? I know it as the distribution (Envato) level…I’m just hoping that you may have seen this before and can point me in the direction I need to go.

Thanks again!
    Gini

jenny555
    Participant

Hi,
    Go to your admin panel -> Sweetdate –> Miscellaneous and check your username and API key ThemeForest are correct.
    you can have your username and API key by logging on themeforest.net. In the top menu, do a roll over on your username and click settings. Bottom left you will find your API key.
    Regards

ginigarbick
    Participant

I am JUST NOW catching on that VC doesn’t play well with Sweet Date. So I need to not use VC, correct? Just stick with the KLEO editing functions?

I’m happy to send VC packing. I just want to make sure that I won’t be disrupting anything by doing so.

PLEASE help me with my commercial configuration (home page) and I promise to leave you alone for a while.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING!

ginigarbick
    Participant

And also VERY IMPORTANT…the PROFILE button, doesn’t work with VC on or off. It redirects to the 404 page.

So…just the commercial and the profile button. I’ll figure out the rest.

Thanks again!
    Gini

Laura

Hello, could you explain a bit more the last isues? Do you need help setting up the homepage? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?