This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     iusethemes
    Participant

Hi, Im not one to complain, just the one looking for answers. How can I lower the CPU usage using the Kleo theme. I am not running any plugins other than the defaults.

If possible could anyone share some knowledge of plugins that will optimize my website. For example when editing media will the media manager, the CPU rises, but If I use a simpler media managing plugin that shows media names without thumbs the CPU isn’t really affected.

sharmstr

I wish I had a good answer for you. I pulled my hair out with several different caching plugins. I finally moved my site over to siteground. Their severs are tuned for buddypress. I forget which caching plugin the Kleo team is using but you can do a search here and find the topic on it.

There’s some PHP settings you can tweak that will help if you host allows you to do so. Do a google search and you’ll find the most common ones.

As far as the media manager goes, that’s really a wordpress issue. I’m not even sure if the caching plugins that are available deal with the wordpress admin.

Hopefully others will chime in on this. And if you come up with something, please report back. I’m very interested in this too.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

iusethemes
    Participant

Just talked to my hosting tech team. I’ve talked to a few separate techs and the first level of attack they said is that the theme simply uses a lot of resources, java, and ajax are massive hit points.

I gestures about updating my plan they said I would hit the same issue, since the problem is optimization. “Throwing money at the problem won’t solve it”

Then I was told that opening wp media is a heavy, to be looking for a media tree view plugin that doesn’t show thumbnail.

Then to use wp-optimize to remove access copies of pages.

He also said db database manager, CDN, the typical, but the one thing he told me that really changed my view is the code of wordpress itself.

The major issue is the fact that we’re using wordpress, plugins and the theme. He averae person is running buddypress, with over 5 plugins. The “burnout” happens from the plguins trying to interchange with one another. It’s like a family van running off two engines with two delegate grades of fuel.

All in all to get this theme +plugins mainly buddypress to work harmonious is to go under the hoood of each plugin and make them all work in a fluid motion.

I was told that it’s possible to do what in trying to do with the hosting plan I have, but optimization is the number one key.

iusethemes
    Participant

I’m about to tear a hole in wordpress

sharmstr

LOL. Well, I would contact sitegound and see if they have any trials. See if they will let you try it. I dont even have their homemade caching plugin turned on yet and its plenty fast. We’ll see what happens under load though. I have WP, BP, BBP and 30 other active plugins. Media manager is also bearable and doesnt frustrate me at all.

I’ll let the Kleo team respond about the wp-admin, but from what I can see, hardly any kleo things load. Only whats needed to configure it (theme options).

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

iusethemes
    Participant

Can anyone share any optimizations?

Splendor
    Participant

I can’t agree more that there some issues with cpu usage. I’m running a quite fast server and sometimes it dies on me..

iusethemes
    Participant

I don’t have the CPU issue the twenty 12, 13, etc. #Feature request?
    Basic kleo?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    I looked over what could cause this but I don’t think it should be theme related. On the front-end, starting with 2.0 we have minified and reduces the number of assets loaded to increase site speed. Or does this happens only in backend?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?