This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     giorgos
    Participant

I use buddypress registration and myCRED awards points perfectly to the users.
    Additionally I use Kleo’s FB registration function but users wont get any points when use it to register.

I Wrote for support to myCRED forum and the respond was:

It depends on the plugin / theme you use that adds in the “register via Facebook” feature. If the feature uses the WordPress action hook for registrations then the register hook can detect new registrations and award points but most do not.

You would need to adjust your theme file that handles the facebook signup and either add in the action hook or adjust it to award points when registrations are completed.

Any possibility to facilitate this in the near future?

Thanks,
    Giorgos

Abe
    Keymaster

I will take a look but it will help to know which hook does myCred uses to assign the points

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

giorgos
    Participant

Thanks. Quoting from the Author’s plugin forum:

Thats depends on the plugin you use to allow users to signup / login to your website.
    myCRED requires the user_register hook to fire to award points. Some plugins will not fire this hook which will prevent all plugins who rely on this hook from functioning but some do.

You could enable the “Points for registrations” hook and signup to your website with Facebook for testing purposes and see if points are awarded.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, please try to replace this file content wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-facebook-login.php with the content from the file attached and see how it goes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     giorgos
    Participant

Thanks Abe but it didn’t work. I used a test FB account I have and didn’t apply the registration points.
    I’ll leave the modified file as is for the moment and see if points applied on next FB registrations.

Abe
    Keymaster

it applies only to new registrations unfortunately.

---

giorgos
    Participant

I forget to mention that the user I register is new as I delete him completely again after registration. I use him for testing purposes only.

giorgos
    Participant

No, unfortunately didn’t work, no points awarded on new FB registrations

Abe
    Keymaster

Well we used the default wordpress registration hook. do_action( ‘user_register’, $user_ID );

---

giorgos
    Participant

Ok thanks, I will inform the myCRED developer.

giorgos
    Participant

myCRED developer fixed it. For those who also use myCRED and Kleo, the solution of awarding points upon FB registrations is here:
    http://mycred.me/support/forums/topic/apply-registration-points-to-users-that-have-not-received-points/#post-11967

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing, will check and maybe adapt it in the theme core

---

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?