This topic has 38 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Camyen.

• Author
     Camyen
    Participant

I forget to click ‘import attachments’ when I were importing Kleo Demo Data (all main). In the case, my site is in black with a text line. Please check the screenshot in attachment.

I know it is impossible to import again due to file duplication. How can I import the attachments? BTW, I am using Godaddy managed WP.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

You cant. Delete all the post and pages that were imported and do it again. There are bulk delete plugins that may help.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Camyen
    Participant

I deleted all and done it again. Black again, and nothing was imported into the pages. What happened?

sharmstr

I dont know. Need access to see.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Camyen
    Participant

I figured it out and reinstalled the demo data (Get Connected Vertical). I cant find any prebuild reg, profile, login, logout, and pin recover pages. Did I miss something in the installation process?

sharmstr

Did you install and configure buddypress?

Camyen
    Participant

I did. My activity, groups and members pages were successfully installed. Beside, my register and activate pages are the same as Get Connected Vertical. Nothing more than I said here in the page section.

sharmstr

Not sure I understand your response.

In any case, you need to have separate pages for activate and register.

Profile pages are not pages. They are built on the fly.

There are no login / logout pages besides the built in wp-login.php. Kleo uses a login modal box that you can set up in your menu. Or you can use the BP login widget.

Camyen
    Participant

Got it.

Let’s make it more clearer. Yes, I know activate and register are two independent pages (with different functionality and purpose). My problem is, the two pages are duplicated. Both of them are identical with Get Connected Vertical Page excepted name.

sharmstr

They need to be blank. It really doesn’t matter if there are multiples of them. You can have 5 pages named “register”. The only one that matters is the one that’s bp is setup to use. And that one needs to be blank.

Camyen
    Participant

Great! It make sense to me.

I want to add a log in and sign up form on Get Connected Vertical Page. Do I need to purchase a VC add-on on form?

Camyen
    Participant

Any support on front-end user reg and sign-in form? Thanks.

sharmstr

This has been asked and answered a few times before. Please search before asking.

There is no built in registration form form to put on pages

You can either uses one of the login widgets by adding the VC widgetized sidebar shortcode. Or you can add a button and add the kleo-show-login class to it to launch the login modal.

Camyen
    Participant

I have no idea about both of the login widgets. What are them? Where are them? Do I need to make any change on my theme’s function.php as to launch the login model?

sharmstr

WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets. You’ll probably want to create a sidebar that only has the login widget in it.

No, just add the kleo-show-login class to the button using the extra class field in the button settings.

I’ve discussed both of these approaches here before. Give the search a go.

Sounds like you are new to wordpress and visual composer. You should read the documentation for both to familiarize yourself with the basics.

Camyen
    Participant

I created a sidebar which only has the BuddyPress widget in it. Then I add the sidebar in Get Connected Vertical Form page. No sidebar was shown on the page, even if I completely log out. Whats wrong?

sharmstr

Respond privately with a link and admin credentials and I’ll have a look.

Camyen
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You didnt add the Widgetized sidebar shortcode to the page???

Anyhow, I’ve added it. I’ve also put it inside a Content by User Type shortcode so it only displays to logged out users.

I’ve also added a login button that will popup the login modal. I think it looks better than the a login form, but I guess that’s for you decide which one to use.

Camyen
    Participant

I took a look at my site as a visitor. The login form and button are all looking good. I’d prefer form to button. However, when I logged in as an admin and preview the Get Connected page; neither of them were shown on the page. What happen?

sharmstr

As I said…

I’ve also put it inside a Content by User Type shortcode so it only displays to logged out users.

It really doesnt make sense to show it if they are already logged in and it doesnt look good. You can move the sidebar shortcode out of the content by type shortcode to change it.

Camyen
    Participant

Got it. I forgot to use two browsers for testing. Thank you for your patience.

Where did you add the sidebar shortcode? I searched on Google. Some say I could add below code into my theme’s function.php

add_filter(‘widget_text’, ‘do_shortcode’);

After that, all I have to do is go to Appearance » Widgets and create a text widget. Then I can paste any shortcode that I have enabled on my site.

It doesn’t make sense to me. Visual Composer should provide a easier way to do so. But I don’t know where and how.

sharmstr

As I’ve said a few times now, its the Widgetised Sidebar shortcode. Bring up your homepage in the page editor. Its hard to miss 🙂

Camyen
    Participant

I know…..but sometime, it is hard to find something just under your eye. Thank you as always.

The current registration form is wider than I expected. How can I change the size of it?

sharmstr

The form will stretch to fit the column size. Adjust the column size to suit your needs. Here’s the VC documentation https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Visual+Composer+Pagebuilder+for+WordPress

Camyen
    Participant
     sharmstr

Here’s the fix for using a form with a particles background: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/button-not-clickable-with-galaxy-particles#post-68410

Changing the column width didnt remove the forgot password because there isn’t a forgot password on the form.

If you want it added, ask the BP folks since its their widget.

Attachments:
     Camyen
    Participant

Where shall I change the code?

sharmstr

It tells you in the link I gave you.

Camyen
    Participant

Well…I think you mean the php. file in the main file folder.

I changed the code, refreshed the page many times, and clear cache. Nothing was improved. What shall I do?

sharmstr

I dont know what you mean by “main file folder”. As the topic clearly states, you need to change /plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates/kleo_particles.php

Camyen
    Participant

Alright..

where does the /plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates/kleo_particles.php file located in?

Camyen
    Participant

this file, right?

Attachments:
     Camyen
    Participant
     sharmstr

Try this in quick css

COPY CODE

.home #bp-login-widget-user-login, .home #bp-login-widget-user-pass, .home .bp-login-widget-register-link a {
        color: #fff;
    }

Camyen
    Participant

It works. Thank you as always.

Camyen
    Participant

There is a arrow on the middle of members page. It shows other member’s name and avatar. How I can ban this feature?

sharmstr

Please do not use one topic to ask all your questions. If you have questions not concerning the original topic, start a new one.

To answer your question, I dont know what you mean. Can you show me?

Camyen
    Participant
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?